+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Peoples opinions/advice!

Peoples opinions/advice!

Hi guys, I'm new here and hoping some of you could shed some light and help me try to make sense of a few things...

Part 1
    So me and my gf are 23-24 and have been together for just over a year, everything has been going well, however there are have been a few recent changes that I have noticed, regarding her behaviour towards me.
    I have had 5 sexual partners, 3 of which have been in 1yr+ relationships, and the other two with girls I was dating. On the other hand, I am my gf's first long term relationship, she has dated guys on and off over the past 3 years (She lost her virginity around 20/21). HOWEVER, she has had ALOT of sexual partners, I'm not sure of the exact figuire but I think it is around 30/40+.
    So it's quite obvious to see we both have different views on sex, and I'm not going to lie, it does bother me quite a bit, purely because she was sleeping around right up until the day that we became 'official', so a little worried about her getting bored/missing the excitement.

Part 2
    Now you know a little about us... time for the next part!
    So, she was studying in my home time for around 8months, saw each other 3/4times a week and I'd stay over, all was well. 4months ago she moved to London to start a new job, so we now se each other just at weekends.
    The new job seems to be quite immoral and involves a lot of deceit (recruitment) along with working with almost all guys... She often goes out for drinks with work, which is fine, but there area few names that seem to be popping up alot.

Part 3
    Now to bring the first parts together...
    Over the past 2/3months I've noticed quite a noticeable change in her behaviour towards me, she hardly ever intiates contact, takes ages to reply (outside of work), when we talk in the evenings it's literally for 5mins, whereas we used to communicate a lot more.
    We're having less sex, she seems to be more irritable and gets wound up very easily and just generally doesn't seem that interested most of the time.
    She has also mentioned a few times that she feels boring, and wants to go out more often, be spontaneous and that she does sometimes miss her Uni days, followed up shortly after that she is very happy to have me though...!

Over the past 4/5months, when she's drunk she's been talking/hinting and now telling me that she loves me, but I've not said it back yet, I've explained why, but the conversations usually end quite quickly with her being pissed off. I can understand why she's like this, but I'm not prepared to tell her I love her just yet, although the things I do for clearly show my appreciation.

Conclusion
    So, I guess my question to you guys is, is her behaviour something to be wary of?
    The fact that she's started acting differently as well as getting pissed off that I'm not telling her I love her, along with her promiscuous past, and surrounded by guys daily.
    There is more stuff to say, but I feel adding it to the post will just make it all too much, so if you have any questions in particular, I'll expand on what's happened.

Thanks in advance, any serious input is much appreciated!

Honestly, if I was with a guy for 1+ years and he hadn't said 'I love you', I'd move on. The fact that she hasn't I guess shows she's not as fickle as you think but I think she's getting to the stage where she's getting ready to move on from you. Just my opinion.

One of my friends went through a phase when he was 22-ish where he slept with 15 women in that year...but that was that, he's never been like that again and is very loyal in his relationship. Anyway, the past is the past, the present, for her, is that she's been with a guy for over a year who hasn't said he loves her. To me, that would feel like a waste of time, like I was dating someone emotionally unavailable and I'd distance myself.