+ Follow This Topic

Thread: giving him space........didn't do it. did i screw it up forever?

giving him space........didn't do it. did i screw it up forever?

we hit it off instantly, sexual chemistry and personalities mixed wonderfully. next thing i know i get jealous about a certain thing and he runs the other direction. he said he needed his space. i didn't give it to him! i obsessively texted, but he engaged in it all. he told me if i had just given him his space things would have been different. next thing i know, i give him ONLY 2 days of space and he's contacting me. i thought space meant much more time. we have spent the last weeks arguing about where we are. we were first seeing each other, then friends with benefits, then friends, then friends with benefits, now again he needs his space. I don't know what to think anymore. He says he wants to only have sex with someone he is dating at this point and doesn't want to deal with girlfriend crap as he puts it, yet he still engages no matter what. Can this be fixed? Do I just let him be for 2 weeks or so? Or is this a done deal. I am sooooo attracted to this guy.

If you're interested in a relationship with him I don't know that you'll get it. If you just want casual sex, you can probably have that so long as you don't make him feel like he's in a relationship.

That 'girlfriend crap' means caring, listening to you whinge about your day, talk about your goals, etc. 'Girl friend' crap is the stuff a guy does because he cares about the girl, not because he's just trying to stay on her good side long enough to have it away with her.

If he's not looking for a relationship with you, but you're letting him use you as a doormat, he's going to continue doing it. In the end, you'll be left feeling like something the cat drug in. Consider whether or not you want the sex or if you're honestly believing that the sex will lead to a relationship.