+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I stop being so anxious over my boyfriend?

How can I stop being so anxious over my boyfriend?

I am in a long-distant relationship with my boyfriend of 5 months. At first, it was great; we’d talk a lot. But now this contact has dwindled down, leaving me feeling really awful about the changes. I get anxious every day, thinking about him, almost waiting for him to text or contact me. It hurts me how he can go day to day, doing his own thing, without paying as much attention to me as I do to him. It feels like a huge ‘treat’ to me when we get to speak, but it doesn’t feel that he’s excited to talk to me. I’ve talked to him about this, and he’s apologised for neglecting me, and feels like a bad boyfriend. He said he loves me, and wants me to be happy, but sometimes feels he can’t give me what I need, and I deserve to be treated better. We’ve had this talk twice, and after I’ve felt a lot better, since I know he cares. But after a little while again, I feel the same. Whenever we see each other in real life, it’s brilliant. This anxiety and sadness can ruin my entire day.

He's probably getting bored. I can't imagine LDR can be much fun when all you can do it talk, chat on the net etc - what you can't do is give the person a hug, hold their hand etc. Get the idea?