+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex relationships

Ex relationships

Does an ex have to forget about you to move on or is friendship possible, even after
    new relationships have been established??

LoveandBlame.com

Once it's finished it's finished. I have only ever kept in touch with an ex because she's the mother of my children. Why would you want to keep in touch with an ex otherwise? Unless you are desperate and hoping that you'll get back together?

I would NEVER be in touch with an exGF. There is no point. It makes moving on difficult. Same as Boisdevie, I am only in touch with my ex because she's is the mother of my two kids. Even then, I seldom talk to her.
    There is always a reason why someone is your ex. One of my exs from 16 years ago tried to be friends and have coffee with me. I ignored her.

I agree and disagree. I had a 3-year relationship in college that ended amicably. Neither of us wanted to be together, but we remained friends. When his new girlfriend was insecure about that, we put more distance between us. I thought it was kind of a shame that she was so insecure, we never saw each other alone-just talked on the phone occasionally and saw each other at parties thrown by mutual friends. We were close acquaintances more than close buddies. But whatever, I totally supported him doing what he needed to do to assure his love.

Now, my ex-husband and I share children. Any guy I date for eternity is going to have to be secure enough to deal with me being friends with my ex. That is what is best for my kids, so that is how it will be. Neither of us wants to get back together, and fortunately his fiancee and my bf are all OK with us being on good terms. I still wouldn't ever plan to spend time alone with him, though.

To answer your question (which sounds a bit muddied) An ex does NOT have to forget about you in order to move on...
    They can internalize how they feel especially IF you were the one to break up with them...They will have no choice to act happy (as some project)
    and to move on *seemingly* while feeling rejected and down and out...

Friendship is possible in EVERY scenario you can conjure up: they may not like it but some take what they can get.
    Even after...new relationships can been established while harboring hidden feelings...Look at most of the posts here for reference.

Can you ask a more specific question regarding the what so we can tell you the why>?