+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend's parents are very controlling and she supports them?!?

My girlfriend's parents are very controlling and she supports them?!?

Alright so me and my girlfriend are together for 3 months now. I'm 16 and she will be 16 in 3 months.
    We are very happy together and we love each other and her parents love me! But the problem is they are very controlling and they limit her way too much and they have weird rules. For example, they don't allow her to meet with friends before 4PM. They don't allow her to get on a bus. They don't allow her to spend a whole day with friend, even if it's a special day (birthday to a friend, our month anniversary) and so on... and they don't allow her that because they want to see her and they want to spend time with her, they want her to stay at the house a lot. Their family is very attached and strong, almost every day they meet with their family. Her parents are so controlling they will never let her daughter skip a day of meeting her family to spend time with me. I don't get this. She's the child that every parent would want. She always listens to her parents, she never rebels, she's a straight A student and the list goes on...
    I talked to her about it numerous times but she always tells me that she hate those conversations and that her parents will not change and that it doesn't bother her and she's cool with that. I respect her, but on one hand she tells me that she would love to meet with me more and that she would do anything to see more but on the other hand she says that she supports her parents and that there is nothing she can do about it.

Well, that the hell? lol What can I do? I wanna see her more! I wish her parents would free her a bit so she could live and have fun!

Any tips on what I should do? Should I just leave it and respect her and accept her problems? Or it is something worth fighting for? What do you think?

Thanks for the help!

P.S: Sorry for any English mistakes or grammar mistakes... I am not American.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiKer View Post
    She's the child that every parent would want. She always listens to her parents, she never rebels, she's a straight A student and the list goes on...
    If this is true, it didn't happen by accident. It happened because her family loves her and has invested a lot of time, interest, and money into her and her education. And you want them to change now, over some 16 year old kid who hasn't known her long enough to have her long-term best interests in mind?

I think you should be happy her parents love her enough to take an active interest in what she is doing. Really, it's too bad ALL 16 year olds don't have this.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Is she an adult or a minor?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Is she an adult or a minor?
    She will be 16 in 3 months.

Youre lucky you can call her your girlfriend and are allowed such access. No 15 year old daughter of mine would be allowed to date anyway....too young. Many parents feel the same.

Get on a bus?! Youd be crazy to let your child ride on public transportation by herself with no chaperone...especially in Butt Fucck Israel. Dude...have kids of your own and you will get it.
    Last edited by surfhb; 26-07-12 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EpiKer View Post
    She will be 16 in 3 months.
    So she's a minor. Too bad.