+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Me and my girlfriend got into a fight...

Me and my girlfriend got into a fight...

Apprantly my girlfriend has a REALLY BIG problem with this girl messaging me over myspace *sigh* sadly, I still log into that stupid emo site. But I like to check my messages sometimes. Maybe from my girlfriend or a friend..

My girlfriend used to be friends with this girl name Jennifer. When I first started talking to my girlfriend she told Jennifer about me. A little bit later on, Jennifer added me over myspace.(Which was about 5 Months ago).

My girlfriend told me she does NOT like Jennifer anymore and that she has a huge problem with me talking to her.

Appranetly, she thinks Jennifer likes me because she's been leaving me..comments. Comments like

"How you been?" "How was your day"?

So now she is really really pissed off at her and is giving me...crap.

and this is what really pisses her off. Apprantly, After my girlfriend told Jennifer about me, she added me...

and now she is just freaking out about that...What the hell should I say or do about this situation?

Personally I think its wrong for a partner to dictate who the other one should be and not be friends with. But in your case she is feeling insecure because of a threat she sees from another girl. I would address that insecurity.
    ..the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best ..

-- Henry Van Dyke

I have already told her that I would never ever leave her for Jennifer. I explained it to her so many times. She has nothing to worry about. I explained to her I only return her comments because, when people comment me, I comment them back.

Jennifer comments me almost everyday...so and I reply back to tell her about my day. I don't do it because im into her, because she took the time to comment me, I comment back.

If one of my guy friends comment me, I'd comment back...

I agree with dreamer101 here. Your girl friend is insercure in what its hard to say. Does your girl friend have any guy friends? If so point out that you have no problems with her being friends with them and your not fliping out on it either.

Thats the thing, she has a problem with this paticuler one because she added me after my girlfriend told her about me.

She doesn't really talk to other guys. She only talks to a few on myspace but thats about it and I never complained.

This is her problem. This is her insecurity and she doesn't have any right to tell you who you can or can't talk to, you know? However, I guess her feelings have to be considered, to be on the safe side. I guess all I would say is "I'm sorry that it upsets you, but there's nothing going on and I'm not going to delete her from my friends list simply because you have a problem with it, you need to deal with this for yourself". I mean, you can consider her feelings, but don't let her push you around.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

would it be that hard to not reply to somebody's myspace comments? it wouldn't be the end of the world.

sure your girlfriend is being insecure. but i don't think it would be that dreadful to appease her this time.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In an ideal world, this would only be her problem, but in reality, she is making it yours.

Jealousy is very common amongst high school girls, and most tend to outgrow it. In the meantime, unless it gets to be extreme, I agree with misombra. Assuming you don't care about this other girl, just ignore her messages. It is only one small thing you can do that will bring about a great deal of peace, and for all you know, your girlfriend could be right about this girl's intentions.

However, don't ignore it if her jealousy begins to spread to other areas, and don't allow yourself to be pulled in to girl drama.
    Last edited by vashti; 14-09-06 at 12:45 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by David12 View Post
    My girlfriend used to be friends with this girl name Jennifer. When I first started talking to my girlfriend she told Jennifer about me. A little bit later on, Jennifer added me over myspace.(Which was about 5 Months ago).
    obviously this girl had a fight with her friend...and no longer wants anyone she knows, including you to associate with her. that is a girl thing. untill the end of time girls are bitches to one another. other than that...everything is normal so far. there is nothing wrong with her adding you. she was you gf's friend, and she wanted to be in touch with you (cuz girls like to get in the middle of things.)

My girlfriend told me she does NOT like Jennifer anymore and that she has a huge problem with me talking to her.
    you have to ask yourself. are you friends with this girl? do you think that she is a friend worth having? cuz if she is...then you need to tell your gf something along the lines of "she is my friend too, she didnt do anything to me." even thought this is what you should do, you gf will get pissed. your gf needs to know that she cant control who you like as a friend and who you dont.

example: my ex had this friend (slutty girl) and i didnt like him hanging out with her...i was afraid that they were gunna do something together. i just told him how i felt..and he made a decision. he chose to be very honest with what he was doing...and told me that he would only hang out with her when i was around. that helped me.

Appranetly, she thinks Jennifer likes me because she's been leaving me..comments. Comments like

"How you been?" "How was your day"?

So now she is really really pissed off at her and is giving me...crap.
    i dont think your gf should be putting you in this situation. between the fight between her and her friend.

and now she is just freaking out about that...What the hell should I say or do about this situation?
    i think your gf is overreacting...

just curious...why did they break up their friendship?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer101 View Post
    Personally I think its wrong for a partner to dictate who the other one should be and not be friends with. But in your case she is feeling insecure because of a threat she sees from another girl. I would address that insecurity.
    i agree...address insecurity

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    In an ideal world, this would only be her problem, but in reality, she is making it yours.

Jealousy is very common amongst high school girls, and most tend to outgrow it. In the meantime, unless it gets to be extreme, I agree with misombra. Just ignore this girl's messages. It is only one small thing you can do that will bring about a great deal of peace, and for all you know, your girlfriend could be right about this girl's intentions.

However, don't ignore it her jealousy begins to spread to other areas.
    i agree with this as well...especially among guys...they dont like to fight (some girls subconsiously enjoy it)...keep the peace....

just avoid the girl for a bit and see what happens between their friendship.

I have already told her that I would never ever leave her for Jennifer. I explained it to her so many times. She has nothing to worry about. I explained to her I only return her comments because, when people comment me, I comment them back.

Jennifer comments me almost everyday...so and I reply back to tell her about my day. I don't do it because im into her, because she took the time to comment me, I comment back.

If one of my guy friends comment me, I'd comment back...
    that doesnt stop jealousy...untill you loose all contact..or this girl and your gf become friends...there is going to be jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by Venacava View Post
    This is her problem. This is her insecurity and she doesn't have any right to tell you who you can or can't talk to, you know? However, I guess her feelings have to be considered, to be on the safe side. I guess all I would say is "I'm sorry that it upsets you, but there's nothing going on and I'm not going to delete her from my friends list simply because you have a problem with it, you need to deal with this for yourself". I mean, you can consider her feelings, but don't let her push you around.
    i completly 100% agree.
    Last edited by HopelssRomantic; 14-09-06 at 12:49 AM.

Is she trying to make you dump her? Are you messaging Jennifer so she'll freak out, and you can dump her?

You don't actually want this girl any more, right David? I think you should be careful with her. Be straight up with her. ...and get out of that relationship before it hits the bottom of the ocean.

Man Myspace is bad news as the Myspace movie proves. I once left a girl out of the whole "TOP 8" thing and she freaked (just like in the fan-made movie). Get off that site.

hmmm... thinking about this a bit more, i think her outburst is a little bit justified. the 'rule of engagement' here i tend to think is that any contact between you and jennifer should be through you gf. because she is your gf's friend and was introduced to you by her, any social contact between you two should be through you gf, she technically becomes the proxy.

i wouldn't want my guy friends who i introduce to my gf calling up my gf just to ask how was your day babes? (unless they are calling her for a specific reason) writing a private message on myspace is the same thing isn't it??

anyway thats just food for thought..
    maybe consider making your myspace transparent to her... insecurity can be reduced thorugh openness and transparency.
    ..the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best ..

-- Henry Van Dyke