+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused, exhausted and a grain(!) of stupidity

confused, exhausted and a grain(!) of stupidity

So i have this problem, about a girl.
    From what seemed to be good opportunities in the beginning ended up at the edge of the cliff, if not allready crossed and falling.

Victim: me boy, 19-years-old and student at the Danish Greve Gymnasium, subject: Girl, 19-years-old also student at the Danish greve Gymnasium.

Now before I tell you my story i would to point out some things about her and me.
    she is shorter than me, usually a good thing. She lives in her own appartement and have a job, I live at home and do not have a job.
    She is outgoing and mostly happy, im more ingoing and tend to hide my hapiness. She does not care what others think of her, and neither do I. She is beautiful (at least thats what i think), im regular perhaps not the best looking. Im single, she has a boyfriend.
    Her boyfriend has a job, lives with her in the appartement, though not being together with her in the appartement very much.
    So this situation looks like the mr. nice shy guy meets the unatainable girl. And maybe it is.

It all started at our first year in school. In our class we have a lot of girls (18) and very few boys (3). So in such classes girls tend to divide themselves up into groups of who they mostly like to talk to.
    We boys tries to get involved into as many groups as possible, but tends to stay in those what we feel most comfortable in. In this case, my group did not consist of the girl. So I have not really been into many conversations with her.

But as time passed, I began to notice her. And I must say i slowly began to fall completely in love with her. But then I figured out that she already had a boyfriend and I knew that i was playing with fire.
    But everytime we made eyecontact i was like melted completely inside. Those eyes and that smile, my god she is beautiful.

I am not really new into this romance thingy, but still I went to the internet to read some tips and facts. For example about the touch barrier, how she would try to retrieve my phonenumber, the enjoyment she had in my company etc. Everything seemed to match perfectly, but things arent always as the internet says, as we all know. Or maybe they are and we are not good at manipulating them.

So the climax of this strange connection we had was at a 18-years-old party for one of the girls in the class. Already before this party I believe I had recieved a couple of hints (without noticing it, great job dumbass..) but I think i recieved a crucial one at the party and just before. One was that she asked me whether I was to attend the party or not. The other was a question she asked me at the party saying something like this; "so are there any girls tonight that you have a good eye on". Still I did not figure out the big hint (IDIOT!!) and replied "no not really" and just enjoyed the evening with my usual friendcircle.

some time after the party I started to figure out all these small things and hints she had given me and said to myself "..you are truly the biggest idiot ever..."

So from this moment I kinda thought that the battle was over, and I had not even attended it. But still she was very kind and sweet towards me. At this point, though still being in love with her and day- and nightdreaming about her, I kinda gave up the fight. I thought that the battle never could be taken up again.

Then prom came and we were driving around in limosines drinking champagne (HUAH! best thing ever). The class ordered 3 limosines and I somehow managed to get into the same one as her. And I thought "alright, I can survive this, just dont think so much about her". Then in the limo she had just a few too much to drink and sat next to me. She requested a lipstick from one of the other girls and started talking to me and asking what I thought about kissing a girl with lipstick and so on. At this point i went "What the.. no.. she cant still be..". (im not sure if this is a hint or not, but if it is, then I have to break a leg or something!)
    Nothing more was added to the conversation to spice it up. We ended the day with me and some others looking for a last girl to dance one last promdance with me (lancier). Somehow she sat next to us while we talked about it, and she said that she did not feel like dancing. (Okay, I totally deserved that one) Still she went along with us to take photos of us dancing.

So now I am here, lost, confused, overwhelmed by my supidity with the same god damn 2years long crush on her. School is soon ending and i am almost 100% sure that i want to forget her, erase that chapter from my life. But for now I cant, I cant even think of other women.

My question to you is, if I am able to do so, then how to I forget her? dating others does not seem to be the solution. And actually trying to get serious involved with her seems like an impossible task for now.
    Soo.. should I just wait out the last couple of months, and if so, any tips on how to forget her?

Love
    The most stupid of them all

Be harsh with yourself. The basic facts are that no matter what she's said or done to encourage you, she has a boyfriend. She lives with the guy. This should be like a big door shut in your face. If you really believed it was impossible, it would be easier for you to look elsewhere.
    Spammer Spanker

I agree with Giga... She already has a boyfriend, so stay away!

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    a school of six girls for every guy? that sounds like paradise.

are you on friendly terms with her? if not, start now. get her contacts before school ends. when her relationship ends, move in. but don't close your eyes to other opportunities.

Other solution - date other people. It's possible, it's just that you don't want to cause you're hung up on this girl. She has a BF so she's a no go.
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Thanks for the replies. Yeah i know i probably should have stayed away the moment i found out about her boyfriend, but unfortunately love really aint that simple.
    Perhaps what i need is to be confirmed from others that i should stay away. I will try and follow your advices.

Quote Originally Posted by Stampe View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Yeah i know i probably should have stayed away the moment i found out about her boyfriend, but unfortunately love really aint that simple.
    Perhaps what i need is to be confirmed from others that i should stay away. I will try and follow your advices.
    Love is not simple.. life isn't either. You have a choice, make a wise one.

It's not so much about love.. it's about respect. You don't go after another person's BF or GF.

That's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyLaydee View Post
    Love is not simple.. life isn't either. You have a choice, make a wise one.

It's not so much about love.. it's about respect. You don't go after another person's BF or GF.

That's my take on it.
    I know that, and i totally respect that in any person.
    And if you read carefully, then you can see that I never took the first step. Not even if she did. Women are complicated ;-)
    I was just waiting and hoping, not knowing what to do.

I know that, and i totally respect that in any person.
    And if you read carefully, then you can see that I never took the first step. Not even if she did. Women are complicated ;-)
    I was just waiting and hoping, not knowing what to do.
    You can't put your life on hold for someone that is taken - well, in a way she is.

At least, I hope you're not putting your life on hold... go out and date other people.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyLaydee View Post
    You can't put your life on hold for someone that is taken - well, in a way she is.

At least, I hope you're not putting your life on hold... go out and date other people.
    That perhaps is a bit of an overstatement. I was not puting my life on hold. Just some of it temporary in case she figured out she wanted another man in her life ;-) If it was just a regular case of "wow that girl seems to be a fine piece of art" then i would not think about her all the time. This was one of the bigger crushes. Perhaps a mistake, but i felt like it was worth waiting, at least for a while. But as said, love is not simple. And at least i will get peace after school ends in a couple of months, not seeing her anymore every day.

Tedel Guest
    The most stupid of them all
    I have serious doubts about this.

Take it easy man, the fact you are alive means you will have plenty of other opportunities. Just try not to make the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    I have serious doubts about this.

Take it easy man, the fact you are alive means you will have plenty of other opportunities. Just try not to make the same mistakes.
    hehe well i felt like one. There were something about her that i had not felt for my former girlfriends. Like someone I should not pass on, unreplaceable. Well i felt like that, though knowing that she of course is replaceable.