+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just Suffered Break Up?

Just Suffered Break Up?

OK - so some of us are fortunate enough to go through life without this kind of trouble, but some are not. I'll spill the secrets of women, and why the pursuer/distance thing is the way to go.

It is not attractive to have someone begging you to come back to them. Imagine if you met someone at a party for the first time, and they were really sad and saying "Please go out with me" - not attractive at all.

Most men fail to realise that their relationship has ended. They still behave as if they are a couple when their girlfriend has split up with them. This is usually because it is a "surprise". What you need to realise is that your girlfriend has been thinking about this for AGES. She hasn't suddenly broken up with you, she has thought about it in private, and probably done a lot of crying and emotional stuff behind your back. Whatever the situation - your relationship has changed completely - so don't act like nothing is wrong.

POINT 1: YOU MUST ACCEPT THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS OVER.
    Once you have realised this - you can start to behave like yourself again. Go to the gym, do something new, get off your ass and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Sure it hurts sometimes, and you can cry in your bedroom until your eyes look like footballs, but to the outside world you need to be strong and in control. If a woman walks away, and sees you crumble, she'll walk away for good. Be strong. Start to realise that you are a GREAT CATCH. She would be damned lucky to have you. Stand tall. Be independent.

POINT 2: TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM YOUR EX FOR A WHILE, HANGING OUT AS "FRIENDS" MERELY CONFUSES YOU AND PROLONGS THE PAIN.
    If a relationshipa is supposed to work out, it will. If you were made for eachother, a few months apart will not kill your love. However, a few months apart will kill HABIT. If you think about her all the time, go to places hoping to see her, send her texts and emails and letters, you are not allowing your mind to move on. The sooner that you get over the emotion of it all, the sooner you can move on or get back together. You can't get back together successfully while you have a bleeding heart. Take some time out - heal yourself.

POINT 3: IF YOU HAVE TO SEE YOUR EX BECAUSE OF CIRCUMSTANCES.
    Don't call her, and when you do talk, don't talk about how you broke up and miss her. If she steers the conversation onto that topic, say "Well, I tried to save it, but I guess it's too late now. Did you see ER last night? . .blah". Let her do the calling and running. Always let her know that you are glad she called. and that it was nice to speak to her, but dont pursue.

POINT 4: WHAT DO YOU WANT ?
    Do you want her back? Or do you want what she used to be back. Remeber that she will never be the sweet girl that you first met. She will always be the girls that dumped you (and did whatever else). Long term, can you live with this? Will you trust her again? If she comes home at 3am will you be worried? Remember that there are plenty more fish in the sea, and you can be just as happy with another person (who will not have all the baggage of the breakup).

You need to move on and can survive without her. When she tells you that "You never call and obviously don't care" - tell her that you do care, but need to get on with life and find someone who loves you and is prepared to stand by you.

DONT DONT DONT chase her. You will never get her back. Be strong and you might get her back. If you do the things that I have said two things may happen :

1) You become a much stronger person, more attractive to your EX, and you get back together. But realise that you have to stay as this "stronger person" to keep her interested. If you go back to being the way you were she may well leave again.

2) She doesn't come back, but your head is in a better place and you are not so sad anymore. You'll meet someone else. Be yourself, and see if it works out. Find someone who loves you for who you are.

THIS IS ANOTHER FINE THING I'VE FOUND

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS POST
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

I like it. It supports self-respect. Thank you, Lio!
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    I don't suffer breakup anymore. I have a heart of steel.

thnx for posting this. I'll try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I don't suffer breakup anymore. I have a heart of steel.
    now i can't even tell him that he totally just copied me.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

POINT 2: TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM YOUR EX FOR A WHILE, HANGING OUT AS "FRIENDS" MERELY CONFUSES YOU AND PROLONGS THE PAIN.
    If a relationshipa is supposed to work out, it will. If you were made for eachother, a few months apart will not kill your love. However, a few months apart will kill HABIT. If you think about her all the time, go to places hoping to see her, send her texts and emails and letters, you are not allowing your mind to move on. The sooner that you get over the emotion of it all, the sooner you can move on or get back together. You can't get back together successfully while you have a bleeding heart. Take some time out - heal yourself.
    well how many months we are talkin here?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve2004 View Post
    I look up to you, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    well how many months we are talkin here?
    It all depends... I went on for 11 months and then started feeling more free and found myself not thinking about my ex... Also I wasn't involved with anybody and that's probably why it took me so long.
    Last edited by SONOIL; 07-07-07 at 02:11 PM.
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

I'm no longer seeing my ex, since we broke up... and I feel "stronger" but what scares me is that maybe I would break down or forget about being strong when I see him with his "other girl" in the near future, I mean we're living in a small world and bumping into each other sooner or later is truly inevitable.
    I think this post is appealing...works both ways...i can relate somehow..yeah, every point was taken. Rock on!
    "The day you finally decide to love me will be the day
    after the day I have given up on chasing you"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I don't suffer breakup anymore.
    No surprise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

This is great stuff, thank you for your post. Now I just have to be able to implement it. I know this is the way to go, but the hard part is actully doing it. I aleady done all the wrong things, called her, begger her to come back, spilled my guts. Time for me to execute this game plan. Thanks for the post.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve2004 View Post
    You're both in the phase I went through before I ever had a relationship.

i like it very good

Wow this really helps thanks a lot!