+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long term teenage relationships

Why is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Long term teenage relationships

I've been with my other half for 6 years. We're in love and everything seems perfect. We met in highschool when we were both 13.

A thought came up a while ago when I was just reflecting on our relationship...

Since we experienced our "first" everything together from such a young age, will she be wondering about what it's like to experience other guys/relationships? We both have never experienced dating (other than when we first met) so will she have the urge to go out and experience the lifestyle of people our age (flirting/dating, clubbing, etc)?

Personally, I feel like I'm the type of person to stick with one woman for the rest of my life and live with no regrets. But what about her? I want to know your opinions before I ask her myself...

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Hard to answer. If you are happy to be with her forever then she might feel the same, or not. Talk to her.

I really don't know. Thats the risk Im afraid.I only been with one person so far and I can never say if I stayed with that person, I wont have any regrets not sleeping with anyone else. Who knows what the future holds?

Wow . . . 13 and together for 6 years. . . well hopefully it will last, but unfortunately this is life and you never know. . . if things are going well then continue on with what you've been doing.

Some people are very good at staying with one person their ENTIRE live; however, I would encourage you to see what else is out there.

I got married very young, but I had several relationships beforehand, and even longterm teen relationships. I am happily married, but every once in a while I wonder what my life would be like if I hadn't gotten married then. I wouldn't change my decisions though.

When you are a teenager there are so many new emotions, and experienced... it is all very exciting. Looking back, some of the boys I thought I was in love with, I realize now I was in 'lust' with. Love takes time to accomplish (although I am aware you've been with your mate for quite a while). I was definitely in 'lust' when I married, but many years later it has grown into a love that really makes me feel lucky.

If I hadn't had the relationships I had had before my husband though I can almost guarantee you that I would have cheated. The curiosity of what another person smells like, feels like, tastes like would have just been too much. I did a lot of sampling, and realized exactly what I wanted.

Don't ruin a good thing. She might feel the same way as you.

yeah man you never know. The only way to really find out is to "pop" that question.

I am assuming that you guys are around 19-20? Do you guys attend university? That is pretty much the last hurdle before you will know if she is looking for something more or not. (just my opinion)

Why is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Yeah it sure is a tough question...

I guess we're at an age now (19, legal age in Canada) to try new things and go out clubbing. This will be the biggest test in our relationship. Will she develop an interest in mingling with other men and lose her ability to commit to a long(er) term relationship? I guess time will tell.

As for me, I'd like to think of myself as a very mature man that is very committed to a relationship. I have no interest in what most people do my age.

Good luck man, I hope things work out for you.

Well depends on how tied down she feels, if she feels like she's gonna
    be forever with you maybe you should ask her if she's ready to commit
    and tie herself down, but if she's young still, like me (speaking from
    personal experience) I felt like I was being tied down with my boyfriend
    and I couldn't handle it I felt like I needed to be free and experience other
    things before I stick to someone. This may not be how she's feeling though,
    truth is you gotta ask her, if she respects you enough she will be honest about
    how she feels and whatever she says she wants those feelings should be respected.