+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: age gap & what to do. please help!

age gap & what to do. please help!

Hello everybody, i am a new member here and the situation is like this...

I am 19 and she is 28. We know each other and have common friends. I never before had any interest in older women but somehow i managed to fall in love with her. The thing is that we hang out with our common friends and she is being really friendly and enjoys (or so i think) talking with me which brings me in a difficult position because i'm in love with her and she doesn't know about it (especially when there's a slight hint of flirting between us). I want to reveal my feelings (how?) but i'm afraid that she may think that i misunderstood her friendliness or that she may not like younger men and so on...

what should i do?

Thanks !!!

she's too old for you.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    she's too old for you.
    Agreed. And being someone who is typically into older women, I can tell you that you're setting yourself up for a fall. If she were to take some initiative, great, but I wouldn't if I were you. I'd wait a few years before you start going after women in their late 20s.

I am sure she would be flattered to know of your interest, but I doubt she is interested in you in that way, so I agree with the previous two posters. Due to the differences in the age at which males and females reach maturity, women usually have very little in common with men who are significantly younger.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I am sure she would be flattered to know of your interest, but I doubt she is interested in you in that way, so I agree with the previous two posters. Due to the differences in the age at which males and females reach maturity, women usually have very little in common with men who are significantly younger.
    Wait, I thought men matured faster than women? That's the reason I keep going after older women, they're more mature than the ones my own age.

Quote Originally Posted by gHEXjt
    Wait, I thought men matured faster than women? That's the reason I keep going after older women, they're more mature than the ones my own age.
    its the opposite , men mature slower than girls , thats why you see 40 y old with little 20 y olds .

the reason why you've had older women is because they know your younger , theyr old , chances are theyll never get to have young meat like that again , so they go for it .

if you seem/are mature and your young , count yourself as an exception . usually , ppl will tell you when your mature , you cant really judge yourself .

Quote Originally Posted by gHEXjt
    No, latevamp is right; the opposite is true. I am sure you are the exception.

yeah, i was thinking about the same things you said guys....
    oh well, life is life

thanks anyway

Forget it, the age and maturity gap is huge from 19-29.

29-39 would be fine, but the 20's are a changin time for a person.

She may be just your speed, and stuck at 19, but you won't be forever. But hey, maybe you could use a "Mrs. Robinson" in your life. If you do, take it for just that, and when it is over, move on.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    she's too old for you.
    hey, something that just came to mind.

"too old for me" OR "too young for her" ???

sorry to bother you guys but i'm rather confused...
    i mean should i let her know? after what you said i understand that i can't really ask her out or something cause i'll probably look like a total idiot if i do so, right?

damn i'm confused

both. i am 27 now and dating a 19 year old would just be wrong. we would have absolutely nothing in common. i'm sorry. wait another 10 years.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are setting yourself up for a big letdown. You guys aren't even dating, you're not even sure if she's interested in you or not? My guess is, if she had any interest in you at all, it would be of a fling-type or physical nature.

I can barely handle the lack of maturity in men my own age, and I'm 26.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Go for it... You might learn something.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    Go for it... You might learn something.
    something ... how ? sexual ... hey real_loud , DO YOU WANT TO HAVE INTERCOURSE with an older woman ? was it loud enough , real loud ?

Pushed a button, did he, LV?
    Speak less. Say more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast