+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a little help please

a little help please

Ok, heres the deal...

So I met this girl in college my senoir year, and at first we talked a lot online, studied together, sat together in class, etc. But then after some time, we stopped talking to each other (no real reason).

So we both graduated and are from the same area. I randomly IM her one day and we talk, and she says we should have lunch. So we eat lunch, and it is long..almost 4 hours. The conversation is good, shes laughing a lot, so it was fun. After that, we went clubbing twice.

The first club we went to was on halloween. I invited her expecting her to say no cause I would be the only one she knew (the rest were my friends), but she came and it was a blast.

This past weekend she invited me to go clubbing and again we had a great time. I just went jogging with her today, and afterwards grabbed something to eat...she went even though she wasn't hungry..she only got a drink.

We talk constanly, but only on AIM, not phone. Everytime we hang out, she always mentions how the time goes by so fast, and how she has a lot of fun.

When we talk she always says how we should do this and that, but never really follows up, and actually asks me to do it on a specific date. I usually have to ask her to do everything we've done. Dont girls take some initiative if they like a guy?

So my plan is next time we go jogging, im just going to ask her out to dinner, so I can get a really direct response and know if Im under the friend tent or not.

But there is also a catch, she is applying to med school for next year (Fall 2006). I am also applying to grad school for this upcoming fall. Is it worth to pursue a relationship that might not last..or turn into a long distance?? Thanks

You ask, 'Is it worth to pursue a relationship that might not last?'.

No relationship is guaranteed to last. If we got hung up and didn't act because we kept asking ourselves this question, few people would be in relationships today. There's always a risk factor involved when it comes to relationships. Always. The question you should be asking yourself is, 'Is it worth the risk to pursue this relationship?'. It seems like you like her quite a bit... if you're asking yourself these questions you've mentioned, it supports that. Don't think about what may happen then. Think about what can happen now. If it comes to fall 2006, you can deal with it then. If you guys are that into each other... long distance can probably work.

The thing is, if you really want to pursue this relationship but don't because of your fear of what would happen come next year... you could lose your chance altogether. This could be a great relationship.. or maybe even what you've been looking for your entire life. That would probably be something you'd regret if you wanted to be with her but never did anything about it.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

No, girls don't always take the initiative when they like a guy. She maybe making suggestions of things she wants to do thinking you will ask to do them lol. If you are really into her, then go for it. You will at least have another semester together before going off to seperate grad/med schools.

Tone Guest
    I agree with both Prod and Junsui.

Go for it. And you're the MAN, so of course you should be the one making the moves. She did initiate things by asking you to lunch after you hadn't talked in so long, what more do you want? Come on man, stop lookin for the easy way out.

Sounds like you got a plan, askin her to dinner - hopefully you didn't miss your chance by taking so long and causing her to lose interest. Let us know how it goes.