View Poll Results: Extrovert or Introvert?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extrovert

2 20.00%
  • Introvert

8 80.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extrovert or Introvert?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Extrovert or Introvert?

For those that aren't as familiar with the terms, extroverts get a charge from being around people, familiar or unfamiliar, and prefer to not to be alone.

Introverts tend to feel drained when around many people, especially unfamiliar ones, and need alone time to recharge.

Those are examples of the two types in a nutshell, since there's of course varying degrees of both.

I'm more of an introvert, but I am really outgoing and have lots of friends.
    I like to spend a lot of time in solitude and I get irritated after being around people for too long.

I guess I'm the very definition of introvert.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Another introvert here, except at work with my patients.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm a complete extrovert. I love people. Every time I see another human being, I shìt my pants and beg for attention.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't mind actively doing something with a group of people, but I hate small talk, especially amongst a large group of strangers.

Even in AmeriCorps when my team was getting acquainted with each other, I had to more or less, find time to spend with each one individually to get know them properly before I'd feel comfortable expressing myself in the group.

I just rarely have anything to say amongst a group of unfamiliar people if there isn't an activity that requires my input.

Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    I'm a complete extrovert. I love people. Every time I see another human being, I shìt my pants and beg for attention.
    Ewww, it must not be pleasing to be close to you when that happens

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    Just like a baby.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I love it when a good topic gets completely derailed.

I'm somewhere in between the intro/extrovert.
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilly1185 View Post
    I'm somewhere in between the intro/extrovert.
    What does that even mean.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am wondering if people who are regulars on an online forum wouldn't tend to be more introverted, anyway. I mean, it's nice to be able to express the things you would never say in real life.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am wondering if people who are regulars on an online forum wouldn't tend to be more introverted, anyway. I mean, it's nice to be able to express the things you would never say in real life.
    I could see how that could be true.

I've found over the years that my opinions can be profound, and that unless I'm looking to create tension, I'm better off keeping my mouth shut.

Some of the best advice an electrician gave me, was to keep my opinion to myself, and keep a neutral composure regardless of the task given to me. Doing that kept me working longer than most of the journeymen on that job. Once it came to crunch time, a lot of the supervisors gauge whose personalities are easier to get a long with, regardless of work output.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I've found over the years that my opinions can be profound, and that unless I'm looking to create tension, I'm better off keeping my mouth shut.
    I wish everyone would learn this lesson. Too many people think every emotion must be expressed.
    Last edited by vashti; 09-08-10 at 12:52 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am the biggest, hugest extroverted introvert you'll ever encounter. All that I am, all that I have, and every booty that I've plundered, I've managed by knowing how to say the right thing, flash the right smile, butt into the right point of the conversation, draw the right attention. And then I go home worn out and pissed, desperate to be alone for as long as I can manage before it's time to repeat the charade for the next bunch of rubes.

For better or worse, people are naturally drawn to loud, obnoxious extroverts. Girls like a guy who is openly passionate. Employers want a guy who wears a stupid grin, claps 'em on the back and shoots the bull. Hell, talking the talk beats hard work any day. I got my last job entirely because I was able to sit down and talk to my interviewer like we'd been old buddies all our lives, not because I had any experience in the field, or even an educational background that applied.

Which pisses me off to no end. I'd love to be the quiet guy who comes in, does his job and goes home. I'd love to be the guy who doesn't say much, but who communicates his feelings by actions rather than empty words. Doesn't work that way.
    Last edited by Gribble; 09-08-10 at 02:41 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Which pisses me off to no end. I'd love to be the quiet guy who comes in, does his job and goes home. I'd love to be the guy who doesn't say much, but who communicates his feelings by actions rather than empty words. Doesn't work that way.
    Doesn't work that way, all the time, or everywhere, but if you can find that place, it's pretty sweet.

There are times when I put in that extra effort (like an interview) to be jovial, and outgoing. But afterwards, when the deal is sealed, and I can settle in, just cut the bullshit and tell me what needs to get done.

I don't care about your family, I don't care who sucked your dick last night, and I don't care to share any of that with you either.

But hey, check out this new tool I just got...pretty cool huh? Let me tell you why it's better than your tool...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast