+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I've felt this heartache before. Only 4 days left to make my move!!!

I've felt this heartache before. Only 4 days left to make my move!!!

Hi everyone,

Let me explain my situation here first. I'm a 23 year old university student doing a 3 week summer semester at the moment. Coincidentally, I am sharing the same two classes with this girl that I've been falling for. I'm not usually one for life dramas, but I know this feeling in my heart is genuine and it's the kind I just can't let go of. From the first week, I could tell this girl was attracted to me. She's always trying to look my way, playing with her hair, and dressing nicely everyday now. I know we have some things in common already. She is part Japanese and I have lots of experience with Japanese language, which could help me find some common ground with her.

For the first week, I just played hard-to-get, which I certainly am regretting now since the time is so short. I don't think she's shy really, but she won't initiate a conversation with me. So, yesterday I got the courage to break the ice and talk to her for the first time. It went okay, but we just sort of talked about our classes and how boring they were. I didn't even get to tell her my name, which is bad. BUT, i feel she was happy to talk with me.

Here's my real dilemma. Due to it being a three week semester, we only have like 4 days left and I'm starting to feel desperate! I know if I don't do this now, I will never even see her again and it will hurt. I don't like living with regrets.

In the past, people have said I'm shy, but when it comes down to things important to me, I just try to do what needs to be done. I'm very confident in myself and have no doubts about my capabilities, but I'm not sure how to do this. It's more pressure than ever before.

So, I know she's attracted to me. How can I approach her again and get to the point? I need to at least get her contact information so we can continue to talk after the classes are completed. I don't want to look so desperate and awkward but I need to find a chance in this small window of opportunity.

I appreciate any advice and will supply any more information you might want to know.

Thanks!

Aaw That's just soooooooo Cute.

I think you should just keep it simple, approach her after class and ask her if she'd like to see a movie together or something maybe to celebrate the completion of the course? and take her number, tell her she's pretty and make her feel special and appreciated even though you hardly know her it will score you big points.

If she's really interested she'll agree and give you her number, if not you still have nothing to lose as if you don't you will anyway never see her again.

There's not much to do considering the circumstances so I say be subtle and yet straightforward, let her see your shy, that way she'll know what it took for you to approach her and ask her out!

Go for the kill!

Good Luck and let us know what you decide and what happens!

and please remember you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
    Live your life to the fullest and let the regrets of today be lessons for tomorrow

Say, I like talking to your and I would like to get to know you better after the semester is over can I have your number?

That's perfect!
    With a cute little smile she won't be able to resist!

Go for it!!!!

Don't forget to post the outcome!
    Live your life to the fullest and let the regrets of today be lessons for tomorrow

Whatever you do, always ask for the phone number.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm just curious as to how you came up with the name densha man??? was it from a dorama maybe?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Hey,

Thanks for the support guys!
    So far, so good. I talked to her this morning and introduced myself before class. Then afterward, I caught up with her in the hall and we had a really nice conversation as we walked to the library. You know, we just kept asking lots of questions about each other. It was fun. I felt she enjoyed the attention too. I got this feeling to split when we got to the library though. She seemed legitimately busy, since we have a test tomorrow, so I told her I wouldn't bother her since she needed to work. This wasn't the fastest/most blunt way but I just felt like I might have gone too far if I kept pressing to talk then.

Anyway. I felt that was a big success. If anything, I've gained a lot of new found confidence in myself. I feel like she's a harder chase than I first expected though. I'm looking for a sign from her to see if she wants more. But I know I just have to do the chase. Tomorrow, I think I'll ask her to go to lunch between classes. I'm still trying to get her number and I feel like we need just one good chance to talk.

But, damn. I used to read her mind, it seemed. Now, it's getting harder to tell what she's thinking towards me.

Also, I added her to facebook. We didn't talk about it but I had her name so I figured I would. I guess that's okay, right?

Okay, please respond soon so I can hear your input.

P.S. Illusional: Yeah, I got it from a show called Densha Otoko.

You can't read her mind because she's not following a pattern like you were seeing. Thats a pretty solid indication that something is going on with her (i.e. shes attracted to you.). As a rule of thumb, I never have or will claim to be able to read a woman, thats like hitting bullets with a hammer.

Stay away from the facebook thing, keep it face to face until you're on solid ground....facebook is too easy to come across as a creeper whether you are or aren't.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Congrats you seem to have made lots of progress, Keep it up!

I always think when people invite me for a chat (eg Facebook) that they looking to make things easier, but also alot can be gained regardless, people are more open when not face to face....

So either way, but I think it will be best if you maybe invite her after you got her number maybe as she may think your forward...
    But if you already invited her don't stress about, lots of good can come from it...

Enjoy the chase, you'll appreciate it so much more when things are not made easy!

Hey,

Just an update. I don't know which way this is going to go, but either way I feel good about it. We talked again today for a little while. It was all good. No breakthroughs, but as I learn more about her I'm just happy to know her either way. She's really fun to talk to and I find her interesting. I'm just going to keep talking with her as much as I can and be honest. I'm actually not going to push everything on her too fast. I just have this feeling like it wouldn't be right with her. Not because I don't have the confidence. I know that could turn this into a "just friends" kind of thing, but I feel it's the right way to do it. Even if that sounds crazy at this point. I'm happy.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahah i knew it.... densha otoko.... the train man huh?

i just seen that drama a while ago and it was funny shit. but don't tell me that you think of yourself as the main character and this is the aladdin chatroom. hahaha

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Hi,

So, on Friday I asked her to hang out between classes and we got lunch together. But she had one of her guy friends come too. I said it was okay. Was this some kind of way of testing me or a bad sign?? I didn't even think of it at the time. I could tell it was one of her trusty friends who would probably stick up for her. We got along well too, anyway. It was cool. I got to learn more things about her that I otherwise wouldn't have known since they were really open with each other too.
    After lunch, we stayed together through class and then went outside and it kinda stopped there for the day.

So, here's the situation. We have our final on Monday and that's the last chance I'll have to talk to her this semester at school. I have a plan. We always get out of the tests all at the same time since we get them graded right after we take it. So, I'm going to just talk with her again and be straight to the point. I'm going to tell her how much I enjoy talking with her and ask if she wants to hang out. Then I'll be certain to ask for her phone number.

Any suggestions/comments? I feel confident with the way things have been going. I mean, I did a lot in the past week that I could only dream of before. So, the final test comes Monday for me.

Well.. why don't you take a risk and tell her that you'd love to take the relation a step further, if she feels likewise.

Whatever her answer is, respect and accept it.

At least that way you both know where you're standing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, I got her phone number, as I finally asked for it. Semester ended for us now. She's busy this week with work so we couldn't plan anything for this week. I start another semester and work next week too.

I feel like she's playing hard-to-get and wants me to keep chasing her, or she's just shy with me. She's sending mixed messages and I can't quite understand. I think she likes me enough but I get the idea she had a hard breakup before this and is being cautious about her relationships now.

I don't know when I should call her. I know she's busy this week. I was thinking of waiting until Monday.

Please give me some feedback.