+ Follow This Topic

Thread: did she over react?

did she over react?

So my sister and her current boyfriend of 1 year got into a big argument. something small turned to something big...

so they don't live together, they were supposed to go out one night but she cancelled because she had alot of school work to do and thought he would understand i guess... but she said that she would still come over and hang out with him for like an hour or so but they cant hang out til late night. so i guess, what happened next is that he has one of her laptops and she needed something off from it like a file for a school work.so she calls him and said that she need something, i guess she told him about it earlier that week or something.

so anyways... she gets there and she rings the doorbell, i guess his nephew thats like 16 opens the door but doesn't open the gate. she pulls it and she said that she felt embarrassed because she was just standing out there. but she said that the funny thing was that he was looking to the right or something like he needed a signal to let her in. her boyfriend gets there and opens the gate and gives her the laptop. but she was like i just needed a file you can keep the laptop and i guess he said no take it or something. so i guess she got pissed and walked away with the laptop. then i she told me that she called him and told him to come outside she needs to give him something back, and what she gave him back was the ring he gave her!

In my opinion, i think she over reacted. but i she was explaining to me that she goes over to the house alot of times and they always open the gate. but this time they didn't. i guess i understand what she's trying to say is like how come you just step outside and close the door behind you so you're family members don't see you guys argue. but i don't think she should of just gave back the ring like that....

now she's afraid that they won't get back together.....so... did she over react?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hell yeah she overreacted. His cousin doesn't open the gate so she gives back his ring? Uh yeah that's a HUGE overreaction. Tell your sister to get on her knees and beg for an apology.

thats what i said too.... i asked her if it was really worth it to do that and jeopardize your relationship.... i know they both love each other but i don't know whats going to happen this time...... but i do remember he did the same thing to her too when she gave him a ring.... but hey two wrongs dont make a right. ahhhh..... now i have to help her pick up the pieces and comfort her....

i wonder if he would call her back like he said he would..... to me if you really love someone though... you would try to work it out... don't you think? i mean cmon... over a ring?

The reasons were stupid, but I think that they should break up. They both sound too immature to get married.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I was the guy I'd be urber pissed and no, I wouldn't be the one calling, no way she insulted me, the ring, and the whole relationship by throwing it back. SHE should be calling. She should be begging for forgiveness. I think for your sister there is a much bigger issue bothering her she just blew this issue up to cover up the one that is REALLY bothering her. Try to take the approach that this isn't why she gave the ring back; and that there really is something more to it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh yeah how old are they?

my sister is 24 and he's 28. That's what i think also... i think there's more to it that she's not saying. not about that one incident but probably something that has been building up inside her for awhile and she just blew up. im going to go ask her to see what the real deal is.....

oh... she has been calling him but i guess he refuses to pick up and turned off his phone. this morning she went to see him but his car wasn't there, so she decided to wait.... later on she found out that he parked his car like 5 blocks away from his house so she would think that he wasn't there..... that's kind of messed up for him to do that....

idk... there both immature at this point...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's pissed and rightfully so. He needs some time let him have it. He's probably too angry to even speak to her. Again, rightfully so. Tell her to back off for a few days, maybe even a week. Tell her to send one email saying nothing more than "I'm sorry, I'd like to talk to you about this but I'm going to take a step back for a few days and let the emotions cool down. I'll ring you in a week" The longer the email the more pissed he's going to be.

My initial reaction was like that of girl68's. However do you know what the real issue is dyno? Also, what kind of ring was it? Was it a simple gift, or was it a promise ring, or an engagement ring? If there wasn't a real issue that she was mad over then she deserves whatever happens. I'd further say to the guy to save himself from future trouble by not dealing with her any more (if there isn't a legitimate issue beneath the surface of this situation).
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    My initial reaction was like that of girl68's. However do you know what the real issue is dyno? Also, what kind of ring was it? Was it a simple gift, or was it a promise ring, or an engagement ring? If there wasn't a real issue that she was mad over then she deserves whatever happens. I'd further say to the guy to save himself from future trouble by not dealing with her any more (if there isn't a legitimate issue beneath the surface of this situation).
    i think it was an engagement ring.... i know that has alot of Significance to it..... but she had the same thing happen to her when she gave him a engagement ring and he gave it back to her.... like i said.... i know there's more to the story than i know. i just wanted to know if she over reacted.

As much as I'd like to say "yes" she overreacted, I can't because there might be more here than meets the eye. I personally was wondering what the deal was with the 16 year old at the door waiting for instructions. Did she suspect that someone else was inside (another woman) and that it has happened before? I'd ask about that. However, if the only issue was the fact that he didn't open a gate and didn't come outside then she absolutely overreacted, needs to grow up(no matter what her physical age is), and deserves this guy's current treatment.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...