+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Decision needed on long term

Decision needed on long term

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I've got a major decision to make and it won't be easy, or maybe some can just tell me what to do.

I've got this major dilemma. I've dated this wonderful girl for 7 years. We get along well, we're best friends, her family and extended family are great and they all love me. I'm 27 and so is she and now she wants the ring which isn't unreasonable. We've been back and forth over the years as to whether or not we should stay together. We've both had our doubts, but we just get along so well at most times.

The thing is, I've never really been in love with her. We have the same goals, career aspirations, etc. The only thing for me is that I wish I was in love with her. Since I'm not, I'm wondering if I've made the wrong decision to stay so long. She is cute, not pretty. 5 feet tall and stocky, not really fat but extemely strong. She has major stomach problems that she's been fighting for the past 5-6 years. She has a very strong personality, very pushy and demanding but I can control her.

I'm a very passive guy and can't seem to make a decision, but you would think by now I could have made one.

So I think it comes down to a few things. Should her physical appearance have as large as impact on my decision. I don't want it to, but we live in this society that pushes us to have such pretty girl friends and wifes. I sort of wished she was prettier but she isn't.

The other reason is that she is very controlling and she easily gets on my nerves. This is probably because we spend so much time together.

I've got to make a decision soon, before I get too old and also for her sake.
    The other thing is that her family has invested so much into me including my girlfriend.

Thanks

If she is pushy and demanding why do you want to be with her anyway?
    Just something to think about.
    Why would you even consider marrying her if you need to "control" her so she is tolerable?

BTW, unless her pysical appearance really just sickens you, it's nothing to worry about and really doesn't count for much.

I think that you shouldn't give her the ring. If you never love that girl why would you do that ? Because her family ? I don't think so. I don't know why you both stay together all this years, if you like her just has a friend keep things that way. Physical appearance it's not the main problem here, love is the big issue. Talk with her.

yes you are wrong for staying this long-i mean look at you. the fact that you have been together for 7 years is making this hard. you prob don't want to feel like you have wasted the last 7 years, but just be sure you don't waste the rest of your life too!!!

You've been with her 7 years, her appearance should not be an issue.

You're not in love with her so end it - it's not fair on her otherwise.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -