+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: would you choose love or money?

would you choose love or money?

a partner you get on with, who is filthy rich

or

a partner you love to death, you couldn't live without, who is kinda broke
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

I have chosen 'a partner you love to death, you couldn't live without, who is kinda broke'. It did not work out WHEN he got a good job! so what is my opinion like now? I might think about finance or at least same financial status like myself and not much less when I come to think about a new partner.

i would go for the rich guy.

then have him killed so me and my poor boyfriend can go away together on his life insurance..
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

A partner you love to death, you couldn't live without, who is kinda broke. A relationship without love will not last and if it does you are living one miserable life.

Plus, I would rather be the rich one. I get no pleasure in living in someone else riches.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Love doesn't last. Money can.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    I'd rather be alone.

A partner you love to death, you couldn't live without, who is kinda broke.

Yes, it might sound romanticized, but I'd happily support us both if I could meet someone that I'd be deeply in love with every evening for dinner. If I'd be with the rich person it wouldn't take long until I'd spend plenty of time away from her, so we'd be living separate lives yet without a chance to connect with anyone. That'd suck, even if I could swing around the corners in an Aston Martin.

I'm going for the rich guy I can get along well with. The intensity of feeling that you can't live without someone doesn't last anyway, and broke is a chronic condition.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Definitely love. I can make my own damn money!

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Yes, it might sound romanticized, but I'd happily support us both if I could meet someone that I'd be deeply in love with every evening for dinner. If I'd be with the rich person it wouldn't take long until I'd spend plenty of time away from her, so we'd be living separate lives yet without a chance to connect with anyone. That'd suck, even if I could swing around the corners in an Aston Martin.
    Having loving feelings about a partner is great. I would want it no other way. I told a bf that he would probably be the stay at home husband/father of the relationship. He was very okay and willing.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I'm going for the rich guy I can get along well with. The intensity of feeling that you can't live without someone doesn't last anyway, and broke is a chronic condition.
    There are so many rich miserable even suicidal people. Money can't buy everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Definitely love. I can make my own damn money!
    Amen!
    Last edited by lesa; 29-07-08 at 03:40 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    See, that's the reason why I want a dog; I want a companion that I can love... but when the time comes; death takes its toll, or you both go your own ways, then you don't feel like you're missing anything. Nothing lasts forever you know.. can't be pissed off at nature. You have to respect nature. Honor it. For that reason, I wouldn't want to be so attached to someone that I wouldn't be able to continue on a straight path without them.

I'm going to tell you now, anyone who loves someone for their money is a greedy pig. Those people often seem like parasites. Be independent for chrissakes.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    There are so many rich miserable even suicidal people. Money can't buy everything.
    True, but the original post didn't stipulate that the holder of the money was miserable and suicidal, and since I know plenty of affluent people who are very well-adjusted, I didn't project negative characteristics into my answer.

In fact, the people I know with money are no less well-adjusted than the poor people. Some of their kids are brats, though.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's OK though if a girl wants to love my c0ck for money

I actually want that to happen my first few years of working and being single

I think the OP means madly in love (a figure of speech). I would certainly not attach myself to the point that I feel that I cannot live without them. That is unhealthy.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    It's OK though if a girl wants to love my c0ck for money
    You're going to go down a very long hard road.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast