+ Follow This Topic

Thread: to save my life, I don't know what I did to upset him.

to save my life, I don't know what I did to upset him.

I recently ended a relationship with a guy that I was with for 6 months. We both realized that we needed some time apart and eveeything was good. But today, its been less than week since the break up, he tells me via text message: "I found out what you did. And I can NEVER forgive you for it."

I've been scratching my head all day, wondering what he is talking about. I honestly do not know what horrible thing I did to make him feel this way. I've asked him to tell me but he will not tell me! It really is bothering me and I don't know what to do. I don't want any false rumors spreading around about me, you know?

I was really hoping we could be friends but he seems really upset.
    I just want to get to the bottom of this. What should I do?

Probably to give you some guilt..

Hes probably just saying it to make you feel bad.

That's what I was thinking. Because before that text, he'd text me telling me he loves me and misses me and I wouldn't reply back.

I know I shouldn't be worried about it, because I know I didnt do anything that was so awful or so unforgiveable...but he might spread a bunch of lies about me.

Ugh, its so frustrating.

I know what you mean. My previous relationship was terrible.. He was abusive, but I didnt do anything because I thought i loved him. When I finally came to my senses and dumped his ass, he tried making me feel guilty for moving on and dating my boyfriend I have now. He kept sending me texts saying he hopes I feel guilty for breaking his heart and all this other bs.

I'm slowly trying not to let it bother me.
    I really do care about this guy but he has too much pride and cares too much about self image. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't care so much about what other people thought about him.
    I guess this is his way of making himself feel better...?

Probably, especially if you broke it off with him.

He's Pathetic. Never reply to him again.

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Ah hahahaha. This guy is pretty hilarious. Just ignore him and give him some time to cool off. Guys who are generally nice can say some pretty irrational things at times. If you want to stay friends, he will need his distance for awhile. If you don't want to stay friends, just ignore him.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not that surprised by this tho. He'd been hot and cold throughtout our relationship.

MisterFlapJack Guest
    Maybe someone has actually spread rumors about you...

Either way, just give him some space

I've put that into consideration too. But...I don't know.

And don't worry, he can have all the space he needs. I don't think we'll ever get back together. I mean, the day after the break up, he texts me: "my mom wants to talk to you." Can you imagine my reaction? Are you serious?? Haha. Man, I was definitely fooled into thinking he was this amazing, strong MAN. I guess the outside (he's an aspiring firefighter) didn't really match the inside.

Thanks again!

It sounds like he is trying to make you feel guilty and because he is upset he is taking things out on you.

The best thing you can do is have the space that you said that you wanted and that he wanted. Dont have any contact with him for a while and go out and have fun with your friends. Keep your self busy and use this opportunity to do the things that you have been wanting to do.

Im sorry to say but it will be a while before you will be able to be friends. It is good that you want to do the mature things but you need to have space apart and get over each other before being friends because feelings will get in the way and make things complicated.