+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting mixed signals from a girl

Getting mixed signals from a girl

Last weekend I saw/talked to a girl (we had met and talked once before) at a couple parties, one friday and one saturday. She's really reserved/shy and doesn't talk too much and isn't overly emotional I guess you could say. She seemed like she was flirting a little bit the first day, and the second day we talked a little and she said "I love you" and hugged me a couple times in a kind of playful kidding way. I asked her if she wanted to go out to dinner sometime, and she gave me her number and said she would definitely be interested in going out to eat with me sometime. I was a little drunk, but I remember the whole night well, and it seemed like she was being honest (I'm like a human lie detector). A few days later (tuesday), when I found out that my weekend was going to be free, I called and left a voicemail asking when a good time would be to go out to dinner. She never called back, but the next day she posted on my wall on facebook just saying hi and asking what was up. I replied to that and asked her how she was doing, and got no response back. Incase her phone was messed up, I sent her a message on facebook asking when a good time would be. So far no call back or reply or anything. Of course I'm drawing the line at a voicemail and facebook message because I don't want to seem psycho. So anyway, what's the deal, is she interested or not? She gave me her number, said she wanted to go out to dinner with me sometime, and posted on my facebook, but won't reply or anything.

-Crispy

Hmmm. My first thought was that she's getting bad advice from somebody- maybe she's buying that line about how guys don't value what they don't have to work really hard to get and that you should make them ask you out multiple times before capitulating.

Did she seem inexperienced, like she might not know how to behave in this situation? If she's actually trying to get rid of you, I'd say she's about to succeed. I suggest you send her a message saying "Last try- do you want to go out or not?" and see how she responds.
    Spammer Spanker

She seems like the type who knows what she's doing, but it could be all show. She's very reserved, but also seems very confident. She's a pretty girl, and there are very few girls at our school, so I imagine she gets hit on a lot. If you wanna know anything else just ask, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head. Thanks for the help.

-Crispy