+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I ask her to prom???

Should I ask her to prom???

I want to ask this girl to prom.
    The problem is that I really like this girl (she is aware) but she just wants to go with a friend. Talking to her close friends, she wants to go with me but is hesitant in fear of me making a move on her (which I have no intentions of) or things getting weird and creating mixed feelings among us. Back in December, I told her that I liked her. She said she liked me back but was not looking for anything serious because she was "playing it safe" but ended the conversation by saying "I hope you understand I am not crossing out the future". But three days after I told her that I liked her, she asked me to formal. So when she asked me AFTER I told her I liked her, I was thinking she was actually into me. But she then backed out because she was sure she was not looking for a relationship at the time and did not want to create mixed feelings between us. It has been three months and a lot has changed for both of us and we have remained close throughout the entire time. I have looked at it as getting fried zoned but her friends say she likes me but is not sure about a relationship for whatever reason and three guys have asked her already and she has denied all of them. Other guys have even held off from asking her because they all think that I am asking her and for some reason are sure she will say yes to me but at this point, I am done holding my breath for her and am not sure if I would be wasting my time by asking her because I do not want it to end like formal did. I want to go to prom with her. Its senior year and we both deserve to enjoy senior prom but I just don't know anymore.

It's just prom....you are not asking her to marry you.