+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Signing off an email with love?

Signing off an email with love?

My guy friend and I have been emailing lots over the past year or so, and especially now since I'm studying abroad. We're good friends but our social circles don't really intersect. Anyway, most of his emails to me end with things from "ciao!" to "take care!" to the quirky "sprinkling tea leaves in the air,". Recently he ended off with "with much love". I know it doesn't mean much when girls end off letters with a <3 or love or xoxo, but when a guy does that, does it mean something?

I really like him and I'd like for us to be more than just good friends, but as usual girls are kind of chicken and we don't want to risk ruining friendship. What I'm trying to say is that I'm trying not to give myself false hope, so I need your help!

Would you guys end off a letter "with much love" to a gal pal? And especially someone whom you know you may not have a totally platonic friendship with?

Also, I will need something to sign off my reply with, but.. I don't want to give myself away if it turns out that he meant that as just a greeting between friends and nothing more.

I'M KIND OF SAD AREN'T I, reading so much into this.

You won't know without some additional probing.

"Much love? Does that include coffee on you dear?"

Send him that. If it turns out he's just being friendly you appear to be joking. If he's interested, you're going on a date.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

Yea, you can't be sure. It seems for sure he really enjoys you as a person, and likes talking to you... is there something more... hard to tell... More time will shead light on this situation!