+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What the hell just happened?!?! (short story)

What the hell just happened?!?! (short story)

A little background:
    This girl dumped me 5 months ago. It was really serious, and it sucked. I was arrested b/c a friend thought I was going to kill myself. (I wasnt but you egt teh picture)
    It got kinda rough, actually very rough. Every time we spoke she was left crying. I kep blaming her and it got to the point where she threatened to put a restraining order on me if I ever talked to her again, even said hi. To add icing to the cake, we attend the same university and have all the same classes, and will for the next 3 years.
    Every time I see her she gets quite, wont let emotion show. Ive been avoiding her, skipping classes and am worried about failing out. (not a good idea at 25 grand/year)

The Story:
    So I finally showed up to this structural mechanic class (ironically the same class where I met her, steel structures are so romanitc :-P)
    I decide to sit in the front and center so she has to sit in the back and I wont have to look at her. I show up early and sit right in the middle like a big geek. She walks in a few minutes later so its just me and her. She sits down just a few seats down from me. I have no idea why. I look over and say
    "Chrissy."
    "what?" :-)
    now this is very weird. She was acting cheery and smiling, like we were old friends. This girl told me she would never forgive me in a million years. but back to the story.

"Can you please move a few seats back"
    *at this point her smile turns to the hurt face I've gotten used to over the past months*
    "Why?"
    "Because I cant keep stairing at you during class, I am failing"
    "Fine"

And she moved back a few seats. She looked hurt.
    What the hell happened? I would give anything to sit up there with her and tease the professor with her. Id give the world to laugh and smile with her. Id torch my car just for the chance to apologise. She will have none of it! I'm just respecting her wishes and trying to get on with my life.

Then I get home and see she has un-blocked me on facebook????

If I missed my chance to make things right Im going downtown to jump off the ****ing sears tower right now. Why would she act that way? It has to be a mistake, right?

Tone Guest
    So she sits close to you.

She smiles at you.

You ask her to move futher away.

And now you're wondering what's wrong with her????

Don't listen to Tone. Play hard to get but be polite about it.... I dont think you've missed out on anything. If she doesnt make any more advances, you could start taking a peak at her in a few days, when she catches you, turn away real quick.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Sounds like a pretty bad ending to that relationship. I wouldn't take it to mean too much yet. I would just watch how she continues to act towards you and if she keeps trying to re-establish communication with you. I would just be polite and follow her lead with things.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Don't listen to Tone.
    I didn't even give any advice lol...

This was a really bad breakup. I kept pushing and pushing, because I cant help it. :-(
    It was 5 months ago. We see each other frequently and she makes it very clear that I am never suppose to talk to her. If this was anything, its a chance at a friendship. A chance I might have ****ed up yet again.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But the question is....can you handle a friendship with her?

I know you are still totally in love with her......and yet honestly there really is no avoiding her and getting away from her for 3 years......so why not at least to be nice and civil?

You asked her to move back a few seats because it hurts you to see her.....but then again things were going good with you two joking and laughing like old times.....before you asked this of her. Face it....its been 5 months and at the time yes things ended pretty badly..... But as time goes on .......alot of people mellow. I wouldn't assume she wants to get back together with you......but you can at least TRY a friendship. Don't expect more then that.....and if anything you would have her as a friend..... Keep other women in mind....

But on another note.......the whole threatening suicide is not cool either. If I were dating a guy and if he even joked about it....I would question it. Especially if its done alot..... So please don't make suicide jokes just to see her reaction.... Just figured that might help......
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....