+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My tragic breakup

My tragic breakup

Here's my tragic story so far.

I met my ex-girlfriend in band (hah!). We fell in love right away. Nothing made us happier than being near each other. Things were so perfect, and I thought nothing could ever go wrong. A year of perfection went by.

But, I was mistaken, for things can always go wrong! My girlfriend graduated from high school and it was time for her to move on to college! Hm, college, eh? Older, smarter, more attractive, and wittier guys hanging out with my girlfriend? No problem, right? If she loved me, I had nothing to worry about, right?

No.

One night I was talking to one of her friends. He gave me the cold brutal truth. She had been cheating on me for at least two weeks while lying to me. Wow. The pain was unreal. It was completely unlike her! Had college really changed her that much? I guess so.

So.. she took the promise ring that symbolized all the love I had for her, and went back and continued to cheat on me. Ugh, I thought all was lost. Somehow, even though I was the most protective guy I knew, I forgave her! Wow, amazing!

But the next day she broke up with me. And surprisingly she seemed really devestated by it. But now, she's happy with all of her friends.

After a brief period of being absolutely miserable and alone, I found someone who's liked me since middle school. She's been cool and lifted my spirits after a dark time.

This is my story. Pretty strange to go through a whole romantic tragedy at 15. But, we all mature at one point or another.

Hope you enjoyed reading it.

I was recently rejected this week and reading your story made me feel better. Thanks for sharing and may this girl you found bring you many years of happiness. If she's liked you since middle school, you've got great odds in the long run. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Shit happens I suppose. College is an interesting time. For some reason alot of people feel pressured to have the "college experience", whatever it may be to them (ranging from just being single to partying to dating around). It is very tough to be apart from someone you care for, and can cause lots of f*cked up feelings and actions.

I suppose I still find it hard to undestand the mentality of cheating even though one doesnt want to, but it does happen somehow. Ah well, everyone learns life lessons at some point. Hopefully both of you guys will be able to go on to be happy.
    Last edited by kronos51; 22-11-04 at 03:37 AM.

I was recently rejected this week and reading your story made me feel better.
    Hehe. It's good to know even my misery inspires happiness in others!