+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to move on?

lilwing89 Guest

how to move on?

its been a year with her. its been on and off. none of my friends want me to date her. im thinking she isnt a good girlfriend. But there is something there-and I can't quite determine what it is- that makes me want her still. Even through all the shit that happens.

and now we are almost friends again. she tells me she cant talk to me on the phone like she isnt ready. she tells me she cant see me in person... i think she is just trying to make me feel bad or something.. i dont really know what it is and i wont ever understand what it is or why.
    she wants me to be her friend for advice or something like that... it makes me feel used when she only texts me. a usual convo will be like hey how was ur day and you know we laugh and stuff we dont fight anymore... but we are just.. friends. i want the intimate relationship and all that but she just doesnt simply put.

and i dont know how to move on i dont know how to detach my feelings... she is my first lover... i found another girl who lives back in my hometown like 2000 miles away but whenever i talk to her it makes me forget everything.

i dont really know what im talking about or saying i just dont know what to do and yea.

You don't really have to lose her as a friend if you move on and date someone else. I think you should at least consider that. She makes you feel bad a lot. Maybe you weren't meant to be a couple.

You move on one step at a time. IMO, 2000 miles is too far.

You shouldn't keep exposing yourself to torture. I know it's hard moving on, but be strong. You deserve (& can do) better!

If a raindrop was a kiss, I'd send you a shower.
    If a hug was a second, I'd send you an hour.
    If smiles were water, I'd send you the sea.
    And if love was a person, I'd send you me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hi, lilwing!

No contact is the best way to move on. Talking to her on occassion just prolongs your grieving and gives you false hope.

Forget about the long distance girl.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89
    its been a year with her. its been on and off. none of my friends want me to date her. im thinking she isnt a good girlfriend. But there is something there-and I can't quite determine what it is- that makes me want her still. Even through all the shit that happens.

and now we are almost friends again. she tells me she cant talk to me on the phone like she isnt ready. she tells me she cant see me in person... i think she is just trying to make me feel bad or something.. i dont really know what it is and i wont ever understand what it is or why.
    she wants me to be her friend for advice or something like that... it makes me feel used when she only texts me. a usual convo will be like hey how was ur day and you know we laugh and stuff we dont fight anymore... but we are just.. friends. i want the intimate relationship and all that but she just doesnt simply put.

and i dont know how to move on i dont know how to detach my feelings... she is my first lover... i found another girl who lives back in my hometown like 2000 miles away but whenever i talk to her it makes me forget everything.

i dont really know what im talking about or saying i just dont know what to do and yea.
    I agree with vashti...don't blow her off completey or stop being friends...but tell her you at least need some time to deal with everything and get your life back on track. And it's a well-known fact that having a new "someone" always gets your mind off of your ex if you're having trouble...it's not necessarily a rebound, but that's where rebounds come into play. Just hang out with friends, keep yourself busy, but at the same time don't put off your feelings (hurt, upset, etc) because sooner or later you have to face them and the longer you wait to face them the worse off you'll be. Things will go your way...just give it time.