+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: suffering...

suffering...

I have ruined an absolutely perfect friendship, it is my own fault and I would blame no one other than myself for this. My Best Friend in the world, and the only person I have ever opening myself totally to no longer wants to be around me anymore. I should have never told her that I love her with all my heart. I honestly did not expect her to reciprocate nor did I expect her to ever feel the same way for me, but we had this absolutely amazing relationship, that we fostered each others feelings and to stay completely open so communication would be relatively easy. I do not know what else to say other than, I love you from the bottom of my heart. I am sorry I have ruined things and I truly have always wanted her to be happy.

would you have preferred to stay totally in love with her, but never moved beyond friendship with her? Passing up relationships with other girls because you can't move on? Now THAT sounds like suffering.

Now at least you can move on.

Yes, it would have meant the world to me to know she was happy I would have sacrificed anything to have prevented this from happening and to still have her around me. I know it sounds self destructive but I am sorry but it is how I feel.

From how she has reacted..it does not seem like she was a good friend to begin with. You can't help the way you feel about her..and your friendship would have just been based on lies..where you were lying to yourself. Would you have been happy living that way? Forgive yourself because you haven't done anything wrong..you stayed true to yourself..so be proud. Your "best friend" did not have to return those feelings but if she was a true friend she would have stuck by you. I can't say that you would be genuinely happy just being friends because you obviously feel more towards her. My advice is to go and find someone who deserves the love you have to offer and is willing to reciprocate your affection.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

thank you for the kindness. I truly appreciate it. I have thought carefully about everyones responses and really I will have to live with what I have done. Thank you again all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Angier View Post
    thank you for the kindness. I truly appreciate it. I have thought carefully about everyones responses and really I will have to live with what I have done. Thank you again all.
    Are you out of ****ing mind man? There's no such thing as friendship between genders! You need some reality check bro... She wasn't interrested in you to begin with, what could you possibly ruin if there was nothing to ruin from begining? I ain't coming at ya, just man up and find yourself a real girl with real feelings... She was supposed to have as much interest in you as you in her and guess what? She didn't, that's why you feel this way now...
    Last edited by SONOIL; 03-11-07 at 11:19 AM.
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

It was never my intention from the beginning of our friendship to fall in love with her and develop these feelings for her. Like I have said it is something I have to live with.

Yes, this is the internet and of course everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I know what I have done I will not bash anyone for what they have to say. Some say I am crazy for feeling this way, some will sympathize, but in the end it only matters to the people that are reading this and decide what they want to take away from it.

RA

Quote Originally Posted by SONOIL View Post
    Are you out of ****ing mind man? There's no such thing as friendship between genders! You need some reality check bro...
    I have to say..friendship between genders does exist mate. You just haven't experienced it. Girls and guys can be friends..oooh shock! : Haven't you ever had friends of the opposite sex? I have great guy friends and have none of those feelings i have towards my boyfriend. The guy is obviously not feeling that great..and you are just making him feel like shit..
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Yes, I have experienced true friendship between the opposite sexes and yes I am a male. Hence, that is why I am posting this confession here because I regret what has happened, I did not want to destroy this closeness that I had with this woman. I doubt that I will ever get to this level of closeness with another woman again.

Quote Originally Posted by sine24 View Post
    I have to say..friendship between genders does exist mate. You just haven't experienced it. Girls and guys can be friends..oooh shock! : Haven't you ever had friends of the opposite sex? I have great guy friends and have none of those feelings i have towards my boyfriend. The guy is obviously not feeling that great..and you are just making him feel like shit..
    It's either he's into you or you have hots for him... People were created of oppsite genders for purpose dear... And in his case this is exactly what was going on... As far as making him feel like shit, let's hear his opinion...
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Angier View Post
    It was never my intention from the beginning of our friendship to fall in love with her and develop these feelings for her. Like I have said it is something I have to live with.
    Falling in love and being in love is the most beautiful feeling in the world, but you have ro realize that it has to be from both ends... If she just using you for cry shoulder and you ready to die for her, there's something not normal in that picture... Her interrest level must be 51% or higher... Othervise you do NEXT->... What exactly were you getting out of that "Friendship" of yours?
    Doc. Love

No, you are not making me feel any worse that I possibly could, like I have said I take FULL responsibility in what has transpired, and with this response I do not wish anyone to take offense to this but, I do have trouble seeing the world in just black and white, either your are in love with each other or your are not. In my personal experience, the heart does not work that way only the mind clouds that perception, and becomes a coping mechanism for people. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things and they are all right and all wrong. It is all based on your perception and opinion, and of course is all subjective to the perceptions outside the standard first, second, third, etc.

From my perspective it is what people honestly think of when they speak of the truest sense of a friend that you have each other to confide in which in my case is extremely rare. I do not trust many people that do know me, not because they have they have hurt me in the past, but because I do know everyone is human and people do make mistakes. This is the first time that I have EVER opened up to someone this much. Please do not think negatively towards her because I do understand there is her perspective to this as well, not just my own. She does and probably will have her own perspective on this whole situation. And for that I do not hold her at fault.

"It's either he's into you or you have hots for him... People were created of oppsite genders for purpose dear..."

That's a load of rubbish. I'm not surprised that you haven't experienced friendship with girls..you're very close-minded. I'm sure heaps of people in this forum would agree with me that girls and guys can be friends..but a lot of friendships do develop into more intimate relationships. That's because a lot of the qualities we look for in a lover are found in what characterises a friendship. If people of the opposite sex were "created of oppsite genders for a purpose"..then how would you explain a female's friendship with a homosexual male? Yes..i have a male friend that is gay..so therefore he cannot be "into me" and no i do not have "the hots for him". That's just a really immature judgement.We are really good friends, but i am in no way attracted to him.
    Last edited by sine24; 03-11-07 at 11:55 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast