+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got restricted profiled on Facebook

Got restricted profiled on Facebook

Story: Broke up 9 weeks ago. Tried getting her back, failed. So I'm on NC and it's been like 4 weeks since I spoken to her.
    During my NC, she wished me happy birthday. I didn't reply back to ANYTHING and all of a sudden, logged on FB and she restricted me. I can't see her albums and her wall. Why is she doing this when I didn't even do anything? I've been working on myself and doing my thing and out of the blue, she decides to do this. Is she trying to get a reaction out of me? Is she sending me a message? Or is she trying to hide something? It's pretty immature if she's trying to hide something.

If she has a tracker on there, maybe she noticed you checking her out a lot...hence her restricting you perhaps?

Or perhaps she just doesn't want you to know anything, she may be doing. But that doesn't mean she is hiding things.

Or, she is pissed because she got no reply to her happy birthday wish.

You shouldn't be checking her facebook anyway. These kind of things are trying to get a reaction out of you. Do yourself a favor and just don't look at it. You know that looking at her and checking up on her isn't getting you anywhere. It's actually hurting you. She did you a favor. All you have to do is have some willpower. Block her minifeeds and her best friend's minifeeds.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

For what reason is she trying to get a reaction outta me? She knows she hurt me, why do it some more ya know?

Does she want me to break NC and do something?

If she's going to act that way just flat out delete her as a friend. She either wants a reaction out of you or is showing you how much she cares (not at all) so if someone shows you their true colors, believe them the first time. You don't need the immature games.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

It's so dumb. We have like over 100 mutual friends plus she's friends with my family. I'm going to get this information NO MATTER WHAT.

If she's posting dumb crap. Then she's using facebook the wrong way.

And about the birthday thing, she didn't restrict me right after that. She restricted me earlier this week and my b day was like 2 weeks ago haha

Listen up, when people break up, the easiest way to deal with the situation is to go no contact. No facebook, no phone, no email/mail, nothing. She could have done it to make it easier on her emotionally, or maybe she just felt it was the right thing to do.

Regardless, you should stop facebook stalking your ex and start concentrating on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    Listen up, when people break up, the easiest way to deal with the situation is to go no contact. No facebook, no phone, no email/mail, nothing. She could have done it to make it easier on her emotionally, or maybe she just felt it was the right thing to do.

Regardless, you should stop facebook stalking your ex and start concentrating on yourself.
    I've been on NC for a while. The emotions just kicked in and I checked her FB.

Why didn't she block? Blocking me would be easier IMO. Seems to me she's trying to hurt me in a way by restricting.

And I'm avoiding FB now.

Maybe she likes being able to continue to look at your profile.

Maybe shes trying to hide her secret new boyfriend that posts on her wall all the time.

Maybe you should stop caring because she is your ex.

Not very secret if she has mutual friends and my family on her profile haha

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    If she has a tracker on there, maybe she noticed you checking her out a lot...hence her restricting you perhaps?

Or perhaps she just doesn't want you to know anything, she may be doing. But that doesn't mean she is hiding things.

Or, she is pissed because she got no reply to her happy birthday wish.
    Is there even such thing of a tracker? I want to know more about that!
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

She wants a reaction out of you. She's playing with your mind. Ask your friends and family to delete from Facebook. If they care about you, they will respect your decision. You need to do what you can to make sure you can't see her profile. Absoluitely no contact!
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    Maybe she likes being able to continue to look at your profile.
    this was my first thought.. she wants to look at your page but doesnt want you looking at hers.

Why would she continue seeing my profile?

She's the one who dumped me

I'm impressed by how much relationship trouble people can cause with Facebook.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast