+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I caved in.

I caved in.

I went against all my better judgment and texted her today. Against everything I knew in my head and did it. I hate myself right now.

tremolo Guest
    You poor thing. If she doesn't respond, you might want to take her number out of your phone. That's the first thing I did when my ex dumped me.

Well, So much for the "Post Here Instead Of Contacting Your Ex" Sticky Thread... O_o
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Well, So much for the "Post Here Instead Of Contacting Your Ex" Sticky Thread... O_o
    You're telling me. F*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    You poor thing. If she doesn't respond, you might want to take her number out of your phone. That's the first thing I did when my ex dumped me.
    She has been texting back... Not exactly the responses I want to hear but things I need to hear.

tremolo Guest
    Well I suppose that's a good thing then.

Oh, and what is it that you NEED to hear?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Oh, and what is it that you NEED to hear?
    We left things without much closure and there have been so many things running through my mind in which I want her to know. We're trying to get through them as we speak right now.

You're only human. I'm feeling you on the closure side of things, thats the toughest part, and also not knowing if they are telling you the truth or just telling you what you wanna hear cos they dont wanna hurt you anymore than they already have.

How long ago did you guys break up?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You're only human. I'm feeling you on the closure side of things, thats the toughest part, and also not knowing if they are telling you the truth or just telling you what you wanna hear cos they dont wanna hurt you anymore than they already have.

How long ago did you guys break up?
    It's been 2 weeks since she left.

You get closure from within. Not from someone else. however; if you're unable to have the personal insight to understand that... you'll just ignore me and continue to contact her and then ask us to give validation or chastisement for your actions.

I'm not going to enable you to continue your addiction to her by validating your actions so, all I'll do is wish you luck in getting this closure from her you think you need and that "getting the closure from her" doesn't become your next addiction so you continue doing it too and subsequently you NEVER allow yourself to get to the stage of indifference to her and her actions.

Good luck but remember that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Albert Einstein said that.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 06-06-11 at 04:03 AM.

yeah dude.. i felt that at two weeks thats the hardest part.... yeah it sucks,.. just do no contact again from here.. what did you say

You get closure from within. Not from someone else. however; if you're unable to have the personal insight to understand that... you'll just ignore me and continue to contact her and then ask us to give validation or chastisement for your actions.

I'm not going to enable you to continue your addiction to her by validating your actions so, all I'll do is wish you luck in getting this closure from her you think you need and that "getting the closure from her" doesn't become your next addiction so you continue doing it too and subsequently you NEVER allow yourself to get to the stage of indifference to her and her actions.
    Do not get me wrong. I appreciate everyone and especially your insight on my predicament. I can't get better without stopping the hits toward the addiction but my mind would consistently wonder about the "what if's?". I'm trying to get the point of not wondering anymore and continuing to live my life. I am well aware of the consequences of my actions, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    yeah dude.. i felt that at two weeks thats the hardest part.... yeah it sucks,.. just do no contact again from here.. what did you say
    We've had a conversation that is still going. I could post a short summary if people are interested afterwards.

tremolo Guest
    Every time I am tempted to write the ex (I deleted his phone number, but still remember his email address), I remind myself of the following: a) I've cleaned up enough of our messes, and it's his turn to extend the olive branch b) There's a good chance he doesn't want to fix things for a variety of reasons, many of which have nothing to do with me, and c) I will only look needy and dependent and neither of those things is attractive.

I am a big believer that if an ex wants to re-establish the relationship, then they will. And if for whatever reason they want to but won't or can't, then they are not good boyfriend/girlfriend material. I would personally rather be left with some questions than have any more pain heaped upon me by hearing things I don't want to hear. And anyway - what's with assuming that our exes' opinion trumps everyone else's?
    Last edited by tremolo; 06-06-11 at 04:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast