+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When Is It Considered Overboard?

When Is It Considered Overboard?

I plan on asking this girl I like to go to Starbucks with me during a break at work in the near future. Not long after (a day or two) I plan to invite her to take a dinner break with me.
    If I do get her to come to Starbucks with me then that will be our first time doing something together. My concern is that I don't want to 'flood' her with these requests to do stuff, and make her feel like I am going overboard. For two people who are still getting to know each other, how much time should I put in between invites to do things?

Although there are no set rules I am aware of, I think once a week at most, unless you are talking about some really fantastic once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (last minute concert tickets, for example). Give a girl something to look forward to...

I think dinner can wait a few more days, personally.

yeah bro don't do what one of my homies did. he was really feelin this girl at work and he would just ask her to starbucks all the time. to the point where like chillin with him became more of a hanging out with just another buddy type thing. so when he asked her to dinner she specifically said "yeah we should go somewhere, but as friends" and after that he was forever stuck in the friend zone.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    yeah bro don't do what one of my homies did. he was really feelin this girl at work and he would just ask her to starbucks all the time. to the point where like chillin with him became more of a hanging out with just another buddy type thing. so when he asked her to dinner she specifically said "yeah we should go somewhere, but as friends" and after that he was forever stuck in the friend zone.
    Sometimes I wonder what language is actually being taught in school nowadays.