+ Follow This Topic

Thread: long distance sux

long distance sux

so i'm deployed and still have 9 more months to go. i have a girlfriend who is absolutely amazing...i'll never find another girl like her. she's completely obsessed with me and i love it. we're in love and this being apart thing sux really bad. its a lot harder than i thought (been gone 6 months by the way) i already had mid tour leave and i spent some of it with her which was very nice. we talk everyday....which is y i dont understand y guys tell their girls they cant talk all the time lol....liars! i'm busy as hell all the time and i FIND time to talk to my baby everyday. anyway, i trust her and i know lots of guys say they know their girl will wait faithfully and all. i'm not saying that but knowing this girls past and all i just dont see her cheating so i'm not worried about it. ok thats not the issue at hand. this is a long time to be apart and we talk everyday and i'm just scared shitless i'm going to lose her somehow. i dont want to grow apart. we already had a few fights which isnt a big deal. we talk on messenger a lot and its txt so a lot of things are taken in the wrong way ya know. i guess what i'm asking is what can i do to always make her feel good and know that i love her and keep our relationship growing even though we're apart. i'm a faithful guy and i've given this girl all of my heart and i guess thats y i'm scared.....never done that for a girl lol. anyway, any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi jimbo. You can show her how much you appreciate her by sending short text messages on how much you care and appreciate her. She will remember those short messages and feel great. I think the shorter the message the better....and often but not daily.

already do it lol

hey thanks for the advice it was good.....but i already do that lol. i appreciate it anyway though.

First, just because YOU have the time to send messages to her and talk to her every day doesn't mean that everyone has. We don't know what branch of the service you are in nor what your MOS is. The fact is, some people spend months on special duty tours in combat zones where they don't have access to computers. These are the people that are constantly patrolling hostile environments and not always returning to the FAB to rest for the night.

Anyways, there's not much you can do at this time. You're limited because of the fact that you're deployed. All you can do is hope that she remains faithful. Long distance is extremely hard and only the strongest couples can make it through it. You've gotten through six months of it, so you're almost there.

I've seen couples that were together for 4 or 5 years fall apart because they couldn't handle 6 months of distance.

Just keep sending her those messages and stay in contact as much as you can. Make sure she knows that if you can't stay in contact every day, that you'll contact her as soon as you can. And avoid arguments as much as possible. The last thing you want to do is end a conversation with a fight and giver her a reason to cheat (even though there's never a reason, some try to justify their actions).