+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pet names...

Pet names...

What do you think of 'pet' names for your sweetheart? I always want to call my men a pet name, but don't want it to be to sugary/mushy. (where bystanders may become ill!)

What kind of nicknames if any, are acceptable to men? What would you want or not want to be called?

i hated being called "babe" or "hun". it was sweet when we're alone or in bed or something, but in public, it just seemed to ghey. I would hear someone call their S.O. "baby" "hun" and i would be just thinking in my head, "oh shut up...you guys won't be together down the road..." but i haven't been in love in a really LONG time, so i guess it's normal.

some nicknames for girls i used to go out with where slim or nonexistant. i'd call this one girl "peaches" because she always smelled like peaches, stuff like that...but it was more like i'd speak and we'd know who we were speaking to...no need for pet names...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

I have personally never minded "hon," and wouldn't be bothered with a significant-other using that name in public. In contrast, although it received several remarks from people unfamiliar with the nickname, "pest" was my pet-name of choice during my previous relationship.

While I wouldn't appreciate an overly exaggerated nickname, I believe most men and women are fairly tolerant towards that type of thing, presuming the nickname is mutally understood to be well-natured.

I don't mind pet names at all, I think they're really sweet. I didn't think so until I dated a guy who was very big on pet names. Of course, anyone could be "baby" or "sweetie," but a personalized pet name is very intimate, like an inside joke.
    We can be heroes just for one day.

i dont mind them, but im also one of those people who doesnt adress people by theyre names usually, unless im trying to get that persons attention, i wouldnt mind being called anything really-dont bother me, wether its hun, or shithead- although shithead would be alot funnier..i dont know though, i usually end up calling most females baby
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

I have been called 'hun' and 'babe' and junk like that, and I have called my ex's that too - but the one that I like the most .. well i never been called it, but i like to call my S.O. it... 'love' - it sounds a bit british I know.. but I just like it for some reason. idk, maybe i'm just weird...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i usually call my gf's baby or something alongs those lines. it's nothing too out of the ordinary, but i hardly call people by their real names. haha take a look at my phone, i'd say that about half of them, are their real names. those are the people that i rarely see. as for my closer friends, i usually have a nickname for them. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I once heard a friend calling his girlfriend a "wolf woman". I don't even want to think about what goes on their bed room. lol.

wolf woman ?! L M F A O !!!!!

Brilliant !

I hate babe and baby i don't know why i just do for some reason but i do sorta like princess and hon or honey!!