+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When is enough enough

When is enough enough

I am head over heels for Liz. I am going to try and make this short, but ill leave a link to more a more in depth story at the end. But long story short, my girlfriend had to move away. I made a promise that I would move to be with her, and i cant make good on my promise because everything gets in the way. Money is the root of all my problems. She moved away for a job and i cant get to her. Every time i feel like im getting closer to moving, something happens. Is there ever a time when enough is enough? Should i just end it and spare her the heartache? I dont think ill ever get ahead so that i can get there to be with her. Here is a little more in depth story that i wrote about everything on here but it wouldnt let me post the link so just take the space out from between the www and com. w ww.gofundme.c om/he4xk-help-me-get-the-girl

Can you get a better paying job where you live? Can you get a second job where you live? Could you get a job where your girlfriend currently lives? Good luck getting anyone to finance your own personal choice to move somewhere for your girlfriend. If you want more money, spend less and/or make more.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Could you go to your GF by stopping cars and walking? Maybe bicycle trip. Then when you get to her she could support you and you could live on her expense.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

There definitely should be a point where you just realize it isn't going to work. If, despite your best efforts, it just seems like it is never going to happen, then there does come a time when you both would be better served to just move on. Now.... that said, I'm not implying that time has already come. I can't really know that. That would have to be your decision and/or hers.

If there are other possible options, though, then why not at least try to explore those first? Sometimes people think that fate is trying to tell them something. I do think SOMETIMES things can either be meant to be or not, and no matter how much effort you put in you'll never change that..... BUT..... sometimes things are just hard. I think of it this way.... If life keeps putting obstacles in the way of what you want.... but you eventually DO find a way to make it happen, then obviously fate wasn't trying to stop you or you wouldn't have found a way to make it happen after all. Not only that, but sometimes in life the best rewards are those that take the most effort to get.

Again, though, there are still times when it is best to realize that something is unlikely to happen. To decide when it is better for all involved just to move on. Having a strong determination can be GREAT, but so can being reasonable and being able to tell the difference between when determination is in order and when it is better just to let go and move on. Not an easy decision you have in front of you. I wish you the best in deciding what is best for you. Good luck!