+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do I do? Am I getting mixed signals, does he like me or am I just overthinking?

What do I do? Am I getting mixed signals, does he like me or am I just overthinking?

This will be long so thank you for taking the time to read this and respond in advance I guess.

So I have a friend, let's call him Bob. And I can't get him out of my head, even though I only saw him once for like 5 months. I met Bob over a year ago and I used to hate him, but than we became friends somehow. Next thing I know I started liking him, a lot. When i became single, we slept together, a fair few times, but because of my most recent relationship I was a bit cold afterwards. Although I tried asking him what we are and he always said friends, even though whenever we'd go out drinking or something he'd hold my hand and squeeze it and kiss me, but he'd also chat up other girls. And when I would mention it he wouldnt even acknowledge it. So I started seeing someone, let's call him Tom, he was my best friend, and things just got serious, and amazing. In the mean time still that little part of me couldn't get Bob out of my head.

Fast forward end of last year I find out Bob got a girlfriend and they've been together for a while, but in that time I remember, he would kiss me and hold my hold, he just forgot to somehow mention it. Kind of had a go at him, said he'd be a better friend, haven't heard from him for another 2 months and then suddenly I receive a text saying he misses me, and tells me he isn't with that girl anymore. He tells me he likes someone, I of course ask who, and he instantly replies it's me. I'm staring at my phone and laughing and thinking what the hell. Some time after I didn't reply he tells me he's joking, and I don't even know what to think. So l confront him shortly after, and he just says 'it wasn't a very good joke, sorry' Before Valentine's Day he asks me what I'm up to that day, I say what I will be doing and ask why, his response is just taking interest.

We talk on and off here and there, few things to each other once in a blue moon. Now, I saw Bob yesterday, we just hang out and watched a movie. We fell asleep on his bed, and while we were sleeping he started cuddling me, literally spooning me, pulling me closer and squeezing me. I stirred awake, and his hand was getting a little too close to my chest so I moved it, shortly after he rolled over. Went back to sleep and when we woke up it was like nothing happened, what the hell am I even meant to think?

And it's literally every time I look at him, it's like I'm looking at something that could have been, past, present and future.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidDevil View Post
    This will be long so thank you for taking the time to read this and respond in advance I guess.

So I have a friend, let's call him Bob. And I can't get him out of my head, even though I only saw him once for like 5 months. I met Bob over a year ago and I used to hate him, but than we became friends somehow. Next thing I know I started liking him, a lot. When i became single, we slept together, a fair few times, but because of my most recent relationship I was a bit cold afterwards. Although I tried asking him what we are and he always said friends, even though whenever we'd go out drinking or something he'd hold my hand and squeeze it and kiss me, but he'd also chat up other girls. And when I would mention it he wouldnt even acknowledge it. So I started seeing someone, let's call him Tom, he was my best friend, and things just got serious, and amazing. In the mean time still that little part of me couldn't get Bob out of my head.

Fast forward end of last year I find out Bob got a girlfriend and they've been together for a while, but in that time I remember, he would kiss me and hold my hold, he just forgot to somehow mention it. Kind of had a go at him, said he'd be a better friend, haven't heard from him for another 2 months and then suddenly I receive a text saying he misses me, and tells me he isn't with that girl anymore. He tells me he likes someone, I of course ask who, and he instantly replies it's me. I'm staring at my phone and laughing and thinking what the hell. Some time after I didn't reply he tells me he's joking, and I don't even know what to think. So l confront him shortly after, and he just says 'it wasn't a very good joke, sorry' Before Valentine's Day he asks me what I'm up to that day, I say what I will be doing and ask why, his response is just taking interest.

We talk on and off here and there, few things to each other once in a blue moon. Now, I saw Bob yesterday, we just hang out and watched a movie. We fell asleep on his bed, and while we were sleeping he started cuddling me, literally spooning me, pulling me closer and squeezing me. I stirred awake, and his hand was getting a little too close to my chest so I moved it, shortly after he rolled over. Went back to sleep and when we woke up it was like nothing happened, what the hell am I even meant to think?

And it's literally every time I look at him, it's like I'm looking at something that could have been, past, present and future.
    Hi

I had someone like Bob kept me hanging on 14 years walking in and out my life sending mixed messages all the time messing with my head and it really hurt me 14 years later guy was ready to commit despite me being in a relationship for a year then married still trying to mess with my head no,

My point is you never know where you stand with someone like this. One minute they are into you next minute you don't exist. He just wants to Sleep with you this is all it sounds like he's just interested in sex and nothing else. If you only talk now and again next time he texts you looking to hang out just don't reply because you'll still be in the same position as you were, don't end up like me losing 14 years of my life waiting for someone to realise they want you

Try your hardest to move on from this and find someone who will not play games with your head,

Good luck 😊

Beth
    Sometimes The Smallest Things Take The Biggest Room In Your Heart