+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend problems or is it normal.

Girlfriend problems or is it normal.

Would just like some perspective on my one year relation which ended. I'm 36 she's 24
    Started out well met though a friend. So I start dating and we seem to get along well. It took a couple of months for her to sleep together as she said she had one bad experience with a friend guy in the past which ended badly and she didn't want to be hurt again. After dating 2 months I asked if she wanted to be official which she did which seemed fine not much changed we dated and slept together although there wasn't a lot of sex as she just didn't seem like a huge sex person. She is quite attractive but just doesn't seem to do sex talk that kind of stuff. She also has no friends really and only caught up with them like once in the time we were together.
    Now after a few months I suppose we had different ideas I liked more sexual like headjobs and so fourth and she just refused saying she doesn't do that. I was upset but kinda let it go and also she seemed to only like missionary which was annoying to me too but sometimes I could get her to change it up care rarely. I also had to make the first moves and if she stayed over and I didn't try anything she would just go to sleep.
    Quite a few times I got texts msgs from her saying things like life is too hard, I've had a bad day, been a shit day today. I would say what happened and she would say nothing. I also asked her what she wanted for Xmas once and she said Nothing. I really should've seen the signs I think.
    Anyway what I did notice during relationship is there was a lot of texts at night like goodnight and so forth.
    In our whole tell she never said she loved me and even though occasionally I said things she said she just isn't like that and doesn't talk about feelings. I found his hard to take as I thought communication was key.
    Anyway we went on a couple of holidays together and I though there would be lots of sex and fun but that wasn't the case lucky to get action a couple of nights and I tried to spice it up in the shower but she wasn't keen on that al all.
    Anyway we went on and it got to like 10 month mark and her family were going away to be with the family and she was like my family want to know if you want to come so I did. Anyway I go on the trip and she pretty much ignored me the whole time. It's not like she spoke to anyone else either just said nothing really and well this is her she never says anything I mean anything just sits there quietly. Which can coke off as rude. But what got me was that when we went to bed at night she didn't even say goodnight for the whole trip
    Not even like a kiss or anything am I expecting to much here, I was laying there in bed thinking is this for real. I said "Hey why are you being so shitty" she replied just tired.
    Well stupid me just took that even her sister was saying I can't believe she is treating you like this as she could see what was happening.
    When we return from the holiday I was still in disbelief but then she seemed ok
    She text me sorry for being quiet lately and cause I was in such a state I think I just let it slide. Well a month went on and we were still in contact msg goodnight and kisses but only caught up when we could as we had lot of work schedules. Then I asked her to catch up on a free day and she was like dunno. Anyway I just couldn't take it I said to her why are you so up one week and down the next. She said that's just how she feels. Then 3 days later she comes over and says are you happy it just doesn't feel like it used to. I told her you haven't put much effort in lately and she goes yeah I guess I haven't really wanted to! I was like well we can't have much then if your not wanting to put effort in and then she left. Haven't heard from her since and I haven't contacted her since.
    Was I just a wuss bag and should have called her on the behaviour, maybe she met someone else and decided I was out.

headjobs? oi... that was enough to make me stop reading... lol.

Well seems like immature personality. Socialy she used to take without seeing that she needs to give. Also in relationship seems like thats who she is as a person. Its obvious she wasnt head over heels in love with you but also why she should do anything when you bring her everything on a plate. Looks like last trip with family was when she got bored and as more you pushed as more she windrawed. These type of girls dont take critic. It only makes it worse. Its for the best that things are ended. Find someone mature. It will take her few more relationships to realize how bad she was and how little gave.
    Anyway its harder with younger girls. You choosed her so really it was your choice to try things with this girl. Considering diferent needs and personality types 10 months is pretty amazing time frame for "dont give a fck girl" and "please love me ,Baby, guy".
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will