+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Does This Mean?!

What Does This Mean?!

I'm a 16 year old sophomore who is currently in a year long relationship with a guy who I love however, doesn't treat me exactly how I want to be treated. Freshman year before I started dating my current boyfriend (Dustin), I was talking to a group of juniors who I considered "nerds". They were in my engineering class and on spring break asked me if I wanted to play Cards Against Humanity, the online version. So during Winter Break that's what I did. This was during the time I was talking to my current boyfriend. We were skyping in a group call and it was fun! They were funny and had the same type of humor as me however, I felt a little immature or out of place because I was a girl who was shorter and younger. They all are decently attractive. Eli is the most outgoing and was the one to reach out to me. Eli is tall with blondish hair and facial hair. Everyone else pretty much didn't communicate to any girls or played with any other girls. And then there was Garrett. He was tall, skinny, with dark hair. Eli told me he liked me and found me pretty. I tried messaging him but it wasn't the best conversation and was kind of short. When I began dating Dustin we all stopped talking. But Garett and I would ALWAYS make eye contact in the hall. I never talked to them in real life regardless of them being in my class. The thing is, now sophomore year Eli is in my art class and we became good friends. He picks me up when my boyfriend treats me bad (Dustin doesn't know) and takes me for icecream AND PAYS. I ALWAYS PAY FOR DUSTINS MEALS. it's just he's not my type. Well we were talking in the car like always, and I asked about Garrett. He told me Garrett had a girlfriend before I came into highschool who would cheat on him and take advantage of him. He was pretty much damaged and became super introverted and even stopped talking to his big group of friends when he was with her. He's really quiet, I've rarely heard his voice. I'm interested in him. I'm interested in his quiet introverted side and how he was damaged and I really want to make him happy and see if I could be the person to change him. It's just, he has phases where he would be so depressed he wouldn't text any of his friends and often be alone in his room. He doesn't have any social media anymore because he took them down so I don't have anyway to really reach him. In the hall yesterday we made eye contact again. We looked at eachother. And I quickly looked a way and looked back and our eyes met again. It threw me off guard. And he turned into a hallway and when I looked for a split second it happened again. It's weird. It's weird how I have a connection with someone even though we don't speak to eachother. The only people he ever talks to is his 5 friends and he never talks to girls.

I guess my final question is... should I contact him? When I told Eli about what happened, all he said was "I can't disrespect the bro code so I guess it comes down to whoever liked you first"...."i don't want a competition". Eli likes me and knows I love my boyfriend(even though he treats me bad and that's why I'm interesting in other guys). Does Garrett still have feelings for me? Or interested? For a year all the times we've always made eye contact... does it really mean something?

Yes it does mean something. He likes you. They all like you. This Eli fella and this Garrett fella. Garrett is just too shy to say anything. If you're in love with the Dustin fella who treats you like shit well you'll soon realize that you're being an idiot by staying with him. High school flings don't last anyways. Once you graduate you will mature very quickly and hopefully realize your self worth. That Dustin guy is going to cheat on if he hasn't already. Garrett probably wouldn't, but you wouldn't like him as much because of is shy nature. He would be hard to talk to and not much fun. The same goes with the Eli guy.

In the end it's your life. What you want matters. If you want to be with someone who treats you badly then that is your decision. If you want to leave him and talk to Garrett then you can do that too. No decision is wrong. Talking to Garrett would probably be the most beneficial thing you could do in this situation for somebody else. That would give him a lot of confidence if you reached out to him and tried to help him. At least help him come out of his shell.

Keep us updated. Cheers

what do you want?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

If someone is treating you badly, they are so not worth it. Dump him then go from there.