+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me? Is he shy?...

Does he like me? Is he shy?...

I have a crush on this guy..so we work in the same place but its really casual, its not office or anything.
    Anyway....hes this shy type of guy, reserved, awkward (thats exactly what I like). A few months ago we left work together and we were both really awkward, and he asked me what I was gonna do , I said nothing I asked him what he was doing...he said nothing...and then we stood there awkwardly..and then I said I had to go (it was going to rain)..
    I am not good at reading people and didn't want to be wierd...but I had a vibe???

anyway fast forward He asked to hang out, I saw that as a date (right??) He was super nice, super respectful, and cute! I dont date much but in past dates, guys were really gross and forward..this was nice! Then he texts me at least once a day...its still kind of "friend zone talk".....so its confusing....maybe im used to assholes???
    but he didn't try to kiss me at the end of the first date, which honestly these days is AMAZING! but now I don't know...is he into me? is he not?
    he still texts me....its driving me nuts because with each day...the more infatuated I get with this guy. I am NOT like this! I've always been the one to not really care...in fact I thought I was asexual?

Anyway...on the date he was awkward and knocked over stuff..and rambled *cutely* so I sense he gets nervous around me...but I have no experience with shy guys... is this "I like you" behavior" .....him being so polite confuses me and completely drives me crazy in a good way! ah!!

I just cant tell and I want him to kiss me LOL WTF is wrong with me...
    I'm usually super composed and standoffish and HONESTLY a bitch to guys! wtf??????!! What magic spell wtf wtf

It seems like if you want a kiss then you should kiss him first. Otherwise it might take long time for that to happen.
    Then again you might ruin the nice guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUXzAYLmvPQ
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He likes you. He wouldn't have asked to go on a date with you if he didn't. He didn't kiss you because he was nervous. From what I gather about this situation you're pretty outgoing and social, and he obviously is the opposite. I can tell from how you write.

You have to remember that this guy probably has not been with many girls. That is why he is shy. He doesn't have experience. He is afraid of rejection/failure. It looks like it's up to you to be the man here and take control because he certainly is not going to do it on his own. You have to make him feel super comfortable. Try to talk about things outside of the friendzone. That's where you want things to go isn't it? Make him relaxed. He is self-conscious about doing something and having you judge him. Assure him he doesn't have to worry about that.

Best of luck, cheers
    Watch me succeed and/or look like an idiot with hot girls
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnemaAw1mXyNtvPA6AwO7xg

I wouldn't necessarily agree that it is a definite conclusion that he likes you.... BUT I do agree it definitely seems most likely he does. Well... unless he specifically called it a date when he asked you out. I got the impression from you that he did not. That he just said he wanted to "hang out." If that is what he said, I would think he meant to ask you out on a date but was just too shy to actually say it specifically. ....But again, even that is only my thoughts on the matter. I could be wrong.

However, being extremely shy myself, I can confirm that a lot of what you describe about him reminds me of myself. Admittedly, I think he actually sounds a tad shyer than me, but his actions do not sound terribly dissimilar to what my own may be around a gal I like. Both because I am shy and because of my past of having FAR too many people proving undeserving of my trust that has caused me to be so much more careful with my trust. So, I want to get to know somebody a little more before I even entertain the idea of an actual date.

So, I can at least tell you from the perspective of a shy guy himself that his actions could very well indicate that he likes you, but is just very shy. You could certainly try, if you'd like, to proceed for now just as you have..... but start to drop subtle hints that you like him. Maybe he'll pick up on it and grow more bold. Or, frankly, you could even feel free just to make the first move yourself and actually ask him on a date.... making it clear that is exactly what it is.

I've said this before in other threads.... Sure, it is traditional and nice if the guy makes the first move.... but in this day and age there is no reason the woman can't if she wants to do so/if the guy hasn't. So, if you want to know if he likes you, no better way than to try taking that first step yourself. Though, as I also often say in situations like this..... just be careful it doesn't turn into the norm/the expected in the relationship. In other words, you shouldn't have to drag him, basically forcibly, through every step of the relationship. At some point, he needs to also put in what he expects to get out. As shy as I may be, when given the opportunity I do/would get over my shyness. It may take us shy guys a little longer, but often times it can be worth it.

Good luck to you either way.

I agree with TheEvilJester in that he most likely is into you and is just too shy. He needs confirmation, or for you to just be bold and say, "Hey! I wanna hangout with you, but this time I feel like it should be more official, so what do you think about calling it a date?" His response should tell you everything and when you do go out, don't be afraid to playfully touch him a few times to help the physical contact become more comfortable for him. If by the end of the date he doesn't go for a kiss or ask for a kiss (as he sounds like the type to do), then just ask him if you can have a kiss. Sweet and simple! Your stomach will be spinning butterflies but it will be so worth it!