+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Recovered

I Recovered

This breakup hit me hard when it happened, but I’d like to share my story on the forums for people that feel low right now. Just remember, you aren’t alone. Other people have experienced what you are experiencing. Things get better.

So I had a crush on this girl when I was in my second year of university. The school year starts in September. We met in October. She had a boyfriend at the time but that didn’t stop me from trying. There is always that one girl who you just put above all the rest. I really wanted her so I was persistent.

We became friends and eventually exchanged numbers. We texted and started hanging out too. We even started drinking together. Things were going smoothly. She would even initiate conversations all on her own through texts. All of this was happening over the course of several months though, none of this was immediate. I first had to gain her trust.

Things progressed and by March I was staying the night in her room and cuddling with her in bed. Things were escalating. One night we started making out. She still had a boyfriend at the time. A few days later she broke up with him and I was one happy fella.

We didn’t last long unfortunately. We broke up during the summer when it became a LDR. She called it off. It felt like we dated for longer because of how we got to know each other over the past few months. What made it worse is that when we both returned to university, she made out with one of my best friends. Things became terrible just like they immediately after she ended things.

My friend apologized to me in person like a man. I forgave him as long as nothing else came from it. He promised this was the case. It wasn’t though because later on I found out that he was going back to her room and staying the night. This crushed me. I lost my girlfriend and a best friend. To this day we are no longer friends and this happens 2 years ago.

It took me a couple months but I’m as happy as ever now in a new relationship. I’m a very positive person. It might’ve helped that I was already pretty positive before I got into a relationship with her. Anyways though that is my story. How did I bounce back? I’ll admit seeing girls out and going home with them really boosts the confidence. This happened a few times. Whatever works eh?

Does anybody else have any stories they’d like to share? I’d love to hear some.

Cheers
    Watch me succeed and/or look like an idiot with hot girls
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnemaAw1mXyNtvPA6AwO7xg

Did you ever stop to think how her ex boyfriend felt after breaking up with him to be with you? Pursuing someone that is already in a relationship is morally wrong. This happening to me. I met the girl of my dreams, fell totally and hopelessly in love with her and I thought she was loved me. Her ex boyfriend that cheated on her continued to pursue her while I was there in a relationship with her. Needless to say, he won her over and left me with a broken heart. One that after almost a year, I'm still trying to cope with. You should have seen this coming. What was going to stop her from leaving you for an other man and I'm sure the cycle will continue.

No regrets man. I'm over it and I have learned from the situation. I'm in a new relationship with a really great girl now.

He ex treated her badly man. He would get extremely jealous and really put a limit on her freedom. This is why she fell for me in the first place, because I wasn't overprotective and controlling.

I know what you're feeling. I've been there. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but maybe you can learn from it and become a better man as I have.
    Watch me succeed and/or look like an idiot with hot girls
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnemaAw1mXyNtvPA6AwO7xg