+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I made a mistake, how can I fix it?

I made a mistake, how can I fix it?

I have always dated men based on looks first. Yes I know this is bad. So this guy starts talking to me on a online dating site. Turns out he is the bartender at the pub I was to have my birthday party at. We chatted...text and then 2 days went by and he didnt answer my texts
    That made me mad because to me there is no excuse to not answer at some point. So I said to him obviously your joy interested bye now and my thought waa he isnt very good looking anyway so its no loss.
    The next night I went to my party and he was working. The waitress told me that he took care of all of my drinks. I thought that was soo sweet! I went to say thank you and give him a hug and he said yeah whatever its no problem happy birthday. He did not look happy.
    The next morning I felt so bad! He is obviously a nice genuine guy. I text him an apology, and told him I made a mistake and I want to get to know him. But he is ignoring me I can not stop thinking about this man. Is there anything in particular I can say or do to get him to talk to me? Or is it permanenrly ruined now?

Well I think you should just leave it as it is if you dont want further drama. Not answering texts, then taking care of drings and not answering again sure is dramatic and confusing. You cant predict this guy and it makes you crazy. I think best thing is to go to his work and talj eye to eye so he have to respond and also you should say everything straight so theres no roon for escape.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Well thank you for that, it did confuse me. He just seemed so interested, hit the ignore with texting and then gave me free drinks. I don't get it. But I will considee going to the pub again when he is tending bar which is a wwwk from now. Thank you for your insight.

hormones kicking in

get yourself laid.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.