+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Ok I met an awesome attractive charming funny man online. On our first date he told me he has a daughter (wasn't in his profile) and he told me that he got a divorce 7 months prior. He was honest about not knowing what he is looking for and being still hurt from his divorce. I shared that I was also divorced, and I had been married for the same length of time as he was. During our date I decided that it would be best to just be friends because he obviously needed a friend and I also felt I didn't want to get hurt by someone who doesn't know what they want.
    We had a great time together and at the end of our date he tried to get me back to his place for sex. I declined. After this we kept in touch and had many meetings as friends. I enjoyed his company a lot and really felt compatible. Later he told me he was seeing some younger woman and wanted to "break up with her" because he felt she was getting attached. He said that because of her age he didn't see any possibility of a relationship with her and didn't feel any connection with her.
    He still pursued me even though I think I had been clear that I'm sort of looking for something like a relationship.
    So, one thing led to another and we did have sex. He told me he feels we have a connection. I became upset after this because I was not comfortable dating someone who is dating other people, and so on our second sexual meeting I tried to tell him a bit of how I felt. I got only into I'm not comfortable with dating someone that is dating others.
    He said he feels like he isn't even dating anyone right now because he is just friends with us. Add to this in a few months 3 months he will go away for 7 months, for work!
    So I decided to tell him I would rather we don't meet again at all until he returns next year in the spring, this is 9 months away.
    My issue is maybe I should have told him my true feelings, that I like him and want a relationship with him. But I didn't think there was any point since he obviously isn't ready right now, maybe he might be after his work trip is over but not at this moment. And I'm not sure if he is still seeing the other person who he said he wasn't that interested in but had sex with.
    I valued our friendship a lot but after we had sex I just felt disrespected and hurt.

He knew I felt upset. When he got my message about not meeting he just agreed and didn't say anything about meeting to talk or anything.

I got angry and texted back just something like "good luck swinging" meaning have fun ****ing everybody.

On our last meeting I did say I felt like he was just trying to make his ego feel good by dating more than one person. But I told him it makes me feel insulted to be in that situation and he didn't say much back.

What advice can I get here?
    I have feelings for him, not sure what to do if he gets in touch but overall we probably will never meet again and maybe it's for the best.
    But I still have feelings so if he does text me I might meet him to talk.
    I had wanted to stay non-sexual because I knew it was going to get complicated and I do value our friendship but now I feel angry.

What advice are you looking for?

Maybe, not having sex with someone unless you want to have sex with them is a good piece of advice.

Did you find out he was dating the younger woman before or after you slept with him?

I mean, you sound like you are all over the place emotionally...

Well thanks for the negative judgement
    But looking for reflections not judgements

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanssurf View Post
    Well thanks for the negative judgement
    But looking for reflections not judgements
    Have you read your original post?

Saying "you seem emotionally blah blah blah" is not advice. It's just a negative statement from a judgemental mind.

I'm looking for a more mature perspective, you don't need to reply further as I won't look into your message any more. It's unhelpful
    Bye

I bet you do look...see, you're looking.

I'm mature enough not sleep with someone that I don't want to sleep with. Is that mature enough for you? If by mature you mean some warm and fuzzy reply then hopefully someone will chime in to your liking.

Are you desperate? You gush about this guy then say that he didn't mention a rather important part of his life. You want to be friends but want to be more than friends. You don't want to have sex but you have sex. He's dating someone and I'm not sure if you're ok with that or not from your post. You asked for advice, remember? I have advice for you but it goes off topic quite a bit.

If you have self loathing to do because you can't control yourself and get involved with the wrong guys, good luck with that.

You seem to have a lot of aggression and negativity. I feel sorry for you and I truly hope you find some help. The word in this forum is "love" but you seem quite hateful and lonely. I wish you the best and I suggest maybe going to a counsellor?

Don't let his negativity get to you. He was the same way on my post.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest that you don't contact the man again. Wait and see if he reaches out to you first. And if he does play hard to get. Treat him the way he treats you and see what he says about that. 9 months is an long time to wait for someone if they don't feel the same way about you. Life is to short. Get out and enjoy.

Actually I somewhat agree

What did you expect
    You had sex and grow emotionally attached while knowing you are not exclusive in the slightest
    Now you are still attached
    However still not exclusive and the guy is leaving

So: what do you want from him?
    What do you want at all?

I am certainly not judging and not being negative here. But I think you are responsible for your problems to a long degree on your own
    And it makes sense for you to realize how