+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend i like is ignoring me then talking, then ignoring me

Friend i like is ignoring me then talking, then ignoring me

Okay i really need some advice please.
    Ive had this friend for about 5 years and we hooked up when we first met, she really liked me, but i didnt want a relationship. Anyways, weve been friends ever since and been real close, we have been therr when we have had break ups with our exs, so we are pretty close. Last few months, ive began having feelings for her and shes been sick and had to go to the doctors, i told her a few weeks ago i liked her and ever since then, she has been distant, she told me that because she has a lot going on, she wants to be away from people, but i know she has hanged out with other people. She does this thing where we talk and she just stops, then messages me after a few days saying sorry she was sick and that, i confronted her about it last week and she got angry and said i was over dramatized it and said she has a lot of stress, i didn't message after we talked because I had work, she messaged me after 4 days, i replied for a bit then she stopped and finally, after a few days she messaged me yesterday, we talked but now she has done it again, can anybody give me advice because I'm realky over it and just want to get rid of her as a friend because i know something is wrong but she claims there isnt. Fyi i know she isn't busy because she reads them and is always online.

I dont know whats the problem here but seems like you have to calm down and cut back on messaging. Dont chase her or make her centre of your attention. Dont make it about her.
    I say let her message you first and in meantime focus on your own thing. She should come back to you eventually within weeks.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

That's the thing, when she doesn't respond, i dont talk to her, she always ends up messaging me first after we stop talking, and then when we get into a conversation again, she ignores me.

I think theres been enough talking. Its time to ask her out on a date.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Meet her?
    Talk with her about what you really want

Ignore the on and off behaviour
    Could be many reasons. You only know one thing for sure: you don't know why she's doing it.
    Assume she is (deep down) also interested and seduce her in person

Another general advise if it (texting) doesn't work: do something else instead...
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

You need to chill, ok? She needs some space, so give that to her. Don't be salty when she contacts you eventually.