+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "It"

"It"

I am trying to get my friend and this girl together. They both want to date but the girl says the guy doesn't have "it"(hence the title) and doesn't feel a connection. She says that it really sucks and asked for my help. Any ideas?

I fail to see the problem
    What exactly is the problem. I really don't understand?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

The girl just can't seem to feel the guy is right, as if there is something missing, but she still wants to date him. She feels he has to have "it" so that they can date though

So he doesn't attract her
    But I still fail to see the problem if she's going out with him.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

The choice is hers. If she wants to see him despite not feeling initial attraction, that's her prerogative. Some people can find happiness despite not feeling an initial attraction. Me, personally, I have been through way too many relationships without feeling the spark (me being way too logical) and those relationships didn't last because I just felt no motivation to fight for the relationship or be a better partner.