+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He is ignoring me

He is ignoring me

There is this guy who I have a huge crush on. He knows I like him and we went out once (I invited him). He told me how happy he felt when I asked him out, bought me a gift on the date, offered to visit me when I go back to school (which is a few hours away). After that I got really busy and I was kind of unsure of whether I should let him visit me considering we weren't official or anything so I made excuses for him to not visit and telling him I am busy. But once school break comes, I would asked him to hang out again. We made tentative plans to hang out but then told me that he got really busy with work so couldn't make it. I told him it's fine and that we can hang out next time. Summer break came along and I initiated contact and asked "hey, how are you?" and got no reply. I am really heartbroken about this considering I really like this guy. I suspected that he got annoyed that I got busy and made excuses not to see him. But he could have moved on or found another girl. I have no idea. There are so many possibilities. I don't know how to handle my feelings about this and is this worth pursuing further? I don't want to be annoying and be that girl who keep texting if he has no interest.

That's what you get for fooling people
    Stop doing it

If you are interested tell him
    Say sorry
    If he doesn't reply then leave it

Best is to call and ask in person

Somebody finally responds! Thank-you!

I wasn't trying to fool him, I was genuinely busy and unsure.

So, I got a response from him after a few days and briefly chatted but then once I hinted I wanted to see him again (said that I would show him pics of my recent vacation trip when he gets back), he ignores me again. I don't know why he is doing this.

Not sure if he is playing mind games with me or he wants to turn me down without saying it directly.
    Last edited by omgtotallyxo; 31-05-17 at 01:52 AM.

I think "Hey how are you" is an meaningless text and its normal that theres no reply. Instead you should be straight and tell him you want to see him or him to visit you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I think "Hey how are you" is an meaningless text and its normal that theres no reply. Instead you should be straight and tell him you want to see him or him to visit you.
    Really?!! I was thinking that it conveys the message that I was wondering about him and want to know how he is doing. Anyways, he responded to that text and we exchanged a few messages back and forth. But then when I said "when you get back I will show you some photos from my vacation", I got no reply. He was out of the city for something. I think he got the hint that I wanted to hang out and purposely don't respond. Is that a clear sign that he doesn't want to see me? I don't want to look crazy by being persistent about it if he is not interested.

I am kind of afraid of straight out asking to see him again especially since last time when I was that direct, he cancelled.
    Last edited by omgtotallyxo; 31-05-17 at 04:40 AM.

Well it feels very banal and boring to get How are you text. What saved situation us that you are girl writing to a guy and first message is the nucest ti get from girl.

If he dont respond well to direct approach then you should decite wether or not you need this. Guy is for sure slowing down. Not the right guy for you right now that means.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Men do not understand hints - ever.

If you want to meet them you set a time and a place
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Well it feels very banal and boring to get How are you text. What saved situation us that you are girl writing to a guy and first message is the nucest ti get from girl.

If he dont respond well to direct approach then you should decite wether or not you need this. Guy is for sure slowing down. Not the right guy for you right now that means.
    This means I have to start cleansing the thoughts of him out of my system. This is a sad situation. I would've treated him so well and we would've had an amazing relationship. And we would have been perfect for each other. I can write a novel about what could have happened. Sad, sad times. I guess, he is just going to be in my sex fantasies.
    Last edited by omgtotallyxo; 31-05-17 at 05:08 AM.

Awww that's definitely not my Netflix buddy - he is not that shy or rude - although sometimes he does take his time to reply to messages.

But something like this did happen to me with another guy - he would completely ignore me for days and then would get back to me after I send few more- in the end I gave up and never heard from him again. And I had massive crush on him too but I am over it now.

He is just not interested- it's nothing to do with you - it's just maybe he has other things going.

So I would say - just forget it someone else better will come along.
    They always do -trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    Men do not understand hints - ever.

If you want to meet them you set a time and a place
    I want to but what is stopping me is that he didn't continue the conversation. So, it's making me think he has no interest in further contact. I just don't want to be that crazy chick that he will go around telling people about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deeed View Post
    Awww that's definitely not my Netflix buddy - he is not that shy or rude - although sometimes he does take his time to reply to messages.

But something like this did happen to me with another guy - he would completely ignore me for days and then would get back to me after I send few more- in the end I gave up and never heard from him again. And I had massive crush on him too but I am over it now.

He is just not interested- it's nothing to do with you - it's just maybe he has other things going.

So I would say - just forget it someone else better will come along.
    They always do -trust me.
    I think it is just never meant to be. Even if I persisted, we would have never lasted with his low interest level.
    Last edited by omgtotallyxo; 31-05-17 at 09:43 PM.

I feel so damn free by just straight up asking him if he is free this weekend. If he ignores me (which is rude) or rejects the invitation, then at least I have a clear answer. I feel like such a sexy confident woman.

So have you??? Yes you're very confident woman and please if you don't get the response you want to let knock it your confidence.

So have you??? Yes you're very confident woman and please if you don't get the response you want to let knock it your confidence.
    Oh, yes I have. Waiting for his response or if there is none then there is still a clear answer. That is what I need to move on. I felt I needed to give a clear signal of interest because I have made a mistake too by being too busy for him in the beginning.

When I say I feel like a confident woman, I refer to only my bold action since what I do makes who I am rather than other people's reaction. So, whatever he does wouldn't knock my confidence. It says more about him than about me if he doesn't give a response. I mean, I have made myself vulnerable and if he decides to ignore it, then clearly he is quite a nasty person.

There are only a few possibilities/outcomes:

1) He says he is no longer interested (then this guy is respectable for being honest)
    2) He gives an excuse such as being busy (then I know he isn't interested and I would understand he is trying to let me down gently)
    3) He ignores me (clearly this guy is rude and this says more about him than about me)
    4) He makes plans with me and we give ourselves a chance
    Last edited by omgtotallyxo; 01-06-17 at 08:54 PM.

You're 100 percent correct - it's says more about him than you - and at least you tried.
    Best of luck in finding someone who's deserving of a woman like you {{{hugs}}}

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it's 4 though - cheering for you x

You're 100 percent correct - it's says more about him than you - and at least you tried.
    Best of luck in finding someone who's deserving of a woman like you {{{hugs}}}

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it's 4 though - cheering for you x
    Thanks.lol. xo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast