+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is that weird to buy jewerly for someone who..

Is that weird to buy jewerly for someone who..

Hi,
    Is that weird to buy jewerly for a girl who is not in a realationship with you ?
    we are close friends and I was thinking to surprise her with a cute necklace for her birthday (not something too expensive, 150$)

Is there an ulterior motive to this? You like her more than a friend or she just a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockby View Post
    Hi,
    Is that weird to buy jewerly for a girl who is not in a realationship with you ?
    we are close friends and I was thinking to surprise her with a cute necklace for her birthday (not something too expensive, 150$)
    Yes
    Super needy
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    Yes
    Super needy
    LOL, not always. I wouldn't read too much into it unless it's like a heart-shaped necklace or something.

Quote Originally Posted by omgtotallyxo View Post
    Is there an ulterior motive to this? You like her more than a friend or she just a friend?
    no.. there isn't any motive to that.
    I mean, I really like her (and she knows that) but I'm not expecting anything to happeend.. and we are just friends

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AT95 View Post
    no.. there isn't any motive to that.
    I mean, I really like her (and she knows that) but I'm not expecting anything to happeend.. and we are just friends
    Quote Originally Posted by omgtotallyxo View Post
    LOL, not always. I wouldn't read too much into it unless it's like a heart-shaped necklace or something.
    nah its not heart shaped

If she knows you don't like her that way, then it's fine. It's like any other presents.

Lol its you stupid noob ! Dont buy her shit ! You just gona put yourself in situation wheres she is less sexualy attracted to you because you put yourself in the role of provider. I mean even if you have sex with girl it doesnt. Mean you have to buy her something. Rather spend that money to buy some book or course about attraction from Julien Blanc or Sasha Daygame.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

So you would buy a male friend you do not know very well two bottles of fine whiskey?

- - - Updated - - -

You can be my friend if you like
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Lol its you stupid noob ! Dont buy her shit ! You just gona put yourself in situation wheres she is less sexualy attracted to you because you put yourself in the role of provider. I mean even if you have sex with girl it doesnt. Mean you have to buy her something. Rather spend that money to buy some book or course about attraction from Julien Blanc or Sasha Daygame.
    Buying a $150 necklace doesn't convey the message that you can provide. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

So you would buy a male friend you do not know very well two bottles of fine whiskey?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I wouldn't mind. What is that supposed to mean to a male friend?

- - - Updated - - -

I said that she is not my girlfriend, it doesnt mean that I dont know anything about her

Yes, don't spend that much. 150 is TOO much to spend on someone you are not in a relationship with, IMO. Keep it simple, just some flowers and a card. Or take out for lunch instead and buying jewelry for a female you are not dating implies you WANT to be dating them and if she isn't interested in you that way she might take her distance from you. Better be safe than sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Why'd you make a new account to post this but came on to answer replies on from your previously made account? Just keep the one account makes it less confusing.

Actually few years ago I wanted to buy girl I never met a watch with her name on it. It would have cost like 2 days pay for me.

So I understand you but topaz have the best point here - better take her out to eat. That would be like real date if you go to restaurant. If she dont want to go out with you then she dont deserve anything. You are just wasting money if you dont date.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will