+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We've been dating for 2 months... is she playing me?

We've been dating for 2 months... is she playing me?

I met this girl in a class in the beginning of the year, we started hanging out and talking everyday like two months ago, and we've had sex, problem is she cant express herself very well and it makes me think she is not interested. Everything was fine until last weekend, she couldnt go out with me because of family activities, and this one she got a headache and couldnt go out friday, saturday she goes to a friends birthday and from there on to a guy's from the class birthday(ive stopped going to the class and she is friends with the inner social circle). I was out to a party, but i feel she could have invited me, and if she really wanted to hang out like i do she would make time.

Well... you say everything was fine until last weekend. So, my first thought is this was only one weekend. So, I think it is worth it to give her the benefit of the doubt that maybe this weekend was just a perfect crap storm of A) having other plans already and B) not feeling well on other days. Sometimes life happens, so to speak. Yes, I definitely agree with you that if she cares she should make time for you.... but this was only instance where she didn't. As far as the parties she had.... maybe it wasn't her place to invite you or not. She may not have felt comfortable just inviting somebody along if maybe it was not made clear that bringing a plus one was okay.

So, just my personal opinion maybe, but I think you chalk it up to coincidence and just hope it doesn't become a repeat thing. If, more and more in the relationship you feel like you are not made a priority... then you maybe deal with it then. But, if this is truly the first instance of this happening I don't think you should jump to any conclusions yet.

What exactly is the problem?
    What exactly do you want?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Hanging out/talking every day when you're not in a relationship. Doing that from the start, not a good idea, it can destroy attraction.
    Typically at 2 months in, most people are in relationships at that time, or she should be bringing up the talk at least. So she probably isn't completely head over heels for you.
    So you have probably been making some mistakes. So its making her unsure of things, so no, I wouldnt say she's playing you.

If you've asked her out a bunch of times and you're not seeing her in person anymore, just tell her to get back in contact with you once her schedule clears up.
    And wait to hear back from her. I wouldnt barrage her a bunch with constant date requests. Give her time to do things without you, you need to love in a way that she feels free.

You're starting to sound needy. You went one weekend without seeing her.. (Oh noooooo!! What will I do!)
    Center yourself man,or you will chase her out of your life.
    Last edited by GLYC; 15-06-17 at 12:14 PM.

I could be wrong/misunderstanding, but I believe they ARE in a relationship. They just haven't necessarily made it official/given it a particular label yet. They are essentially just "dating." I think I do kind of agree with you, though, that if you are at the point of hanging out every day, that pretty much IS/should be a relationship by then.

Sounds like game over for me. So many times she goes out and dont find time for you. I say dont give her more than 3-4 chances to meet you. If she already used those chances then tell her this isnt working and you dont see future with her cause you need more than that. When girl starts to do this shit - dont find time to meet, then my friends always been saying to tell them GTFO. Now after few girls I understand thats its the right thing to do. Never been recovered from when girl lose interest if theres been more than few dates already. At third fourth date girl gets you know you better and lose interest or gain even more interest. 2 months isnt a relationship. If you havent met at least once a week these 2 months then its not a relationship.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I think you already know the answer to your question. Two months really not a long time for a relationship to flourish & grow. One thing you left out is if you guys established a "relationship" or were you just "hanging out". One thing that is primary in any relationship is boundaries & respect. That has to be discussed, you know- what you expect out of one another. If the other person is constantly stretching boundaries & not respecting you then its time to make a executive decision. So what you should do is ASK YOURSELF "Does this female deserve me & if your o.k. with the way she treats you" If the answer is "no" then its time to move on.... Hope this helps you*

Maybe it's just my age, but what ever happened to just asking what happened? Tell her how you are feeling. Maybe there is a perfectly good explanation for everything or maybe there are things you may want to work out. You mentioned her not being able to express herself very well and to me jumped to the conclusion that she was not interested. That has a lot more to say about you than her.

I honestly agree with what everybody has had to say. Firstly, I definitely agree with Snow White that, before you jump to conclusions, you should talk to her about it. At least give her a chance to explain. Especially considering, unless I misunderstood, it sounds like this is really so far only a one time occurrence. I mean, I could be misunderstanding your story, but it sounded to me like everything was otherwise great until this ONE weekend where you two were unable to get together.

Sometimes life happens. Have you seen her or talked to her since? Sure, if it became a common occurrence with her not seeming to have time for you, that would definitely be a problem, but why jump to conclusions over one time?

However.... I do also agree with the others as well IF this does prove to become a pattern. If she starts to pull away and seems to lose interest.... then you would definitely be doing yourself a favor to just move on. You shouldn't have to drag somebody and basically force them to give you even the time of day. Still, even if it did get to that point, you could try talking to her first. Just a quick sort of conversation maybe like "Look, I thought we were really hitting it off, but lately it is feeling like you aren't interested. If I am wrong in that, then great, let's make plans. But, if you just aren't feeling it anymore, that is fine, but at least clue me in. Because I can't waste my time with somebody who isn't interested enough to put in an effort." Obviously put that in your own words, though, if it does come to that. That's just off the top of my head.

Good luck to you either way. Hopefully it doesn't even have to come to that anyway.