+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Female flatmate, crush on me? advice...

Female flatmate, crush on me? advice...

Hello!

Will try and keep this simple, first time I have posted on a forum like this.

I'm a single male and have lived with a female flatmate for about 1 year, was from a flatmate finding website. We would hang out a bit in the first few months and have a laugh. Nothing has ever happened but I have got drunk on couple of occasions and perhaps made the odd comment being a typical guy (nothing too bad) and she has basically made it clear we are friends.

This is fine, but generally have been confused on and off as it isnt always easy to understand her behaviour. So fast forwarding to this week and recently, she will hang out in the same room as me for a while. One thing that stuck in my mind this week is that I was talking about a shop I went to and some girls that worked there were laughing/giggling. She commented that maybe they thought I was cute...

Same week she collects a parcel from the neighbours and I mentioned beforehand that I'd spoken to the girl who lived there and that she was nice but hadn't spoken to the guy. Few minutes later she returns with parcel and straight away says ohh the guy was cute. Why tell me that?

Generally seems a bit silly to post about this type of thing but I wanted to reach out and just get some thoughts on this? And any tips to maybe not overthink this if its nothing and what to do if it does mean something? Living with a female is new to me so all advice be grateful for as I don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks!

You are overthinking..............she is just a flatmate...you are totally friend zoned.

its pretty simple. you are her flatmate. she sees you as a flatmate. I don't see anything coming from her that says she's interested in you.
    if you consider this perspective and read your post all over again, and reflect on any other situation you've been confused about - it suddenly becomes very clear and all fits.

she is your flatmate and see you as simply her flatmate.