+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wife is never happy

Wife is never happy

Hi,

I have been married for a few years, but now more than before my wife is extremely hard to please. no matter what I do it is never good enough.

Background
    I am divorced and have children with a previous relationship. I do not have regular access to my other children, so I am on skype every few days with them helping with homework's etc. This is always where I am made to feel guilty. Also I have to fly to see my children who are in a different country and only manage to see them for 4-5 weeks per year.

1. Every time I travel to see my other children, it always ends up in a massive argument.
    2. When I am on Skype with my other children, I get insinuations that I am spending too much time talking to them. maybe around 3-4 hours per week. I call when my other child is asleep.
    3. If I buy anything for my other children, I get the guilt trip why are you buy that, they do not look after it, they do not deserve it. You don't spend that much on our child etc. Well there is a bigger ages difference. my child that I live with is 14 months, while my eldest is in high school and is doing a number of after school clubs that I pay for. I have also purchased my other children a iPad to share, so that they can keep in contact with me on skype and have access to internet for school work.

I had to make a decision of who I should spend Christmas with it us or them type thing all the time. I am in a situation where there is always going to be someone unhappy. I try my best to compromise, but my wife comes out with the one liners like, "I know your other children me more than your new family (me and new baby)", "I know we mean nothing to you". Just stuff that is not true.

Our baby is healthy and has no really medical conditions. But she was born 7 week premature, she has been a small baby since and always on the lower band of growth. She is gaining weight slowly but surely. But as she always gets comments from her friends over the babies weight, I am always the one blamed for not trying new thing to make her put on weight faster. I keep explaining that it is not about just weight gain but her height and everything needs to grow in proportion. and while the baby is healthy active and meeting her development milestones I am not going to be worried if she weighs less than other babies. But I just get shouted at that I don't care etc, if this was your other children you would do loads of other stuff.

No matter what I do, by taking doctors, explaining the medical records, I just am never good enough or I apparently do not show enough care or love. When I have given advice on what should be done, it is never taken and her friends get involved and something goes wrong but i still get the blame, why did you tell me I should of done it the other way, erm I did but you never listen to a word I say!

my baby is 14 month old and I have only been permitted to take her out of the mothers sight once. we are lucky enough to have a swimming pool on the apartment complex and also near to a beach. But I cannot walk out of the apartment without a permission slip.

But moving on, the last time I saw my wife happy was when she was given a designer bag. nothing I have said or done has made her happy. my wife does not really want for anything, she does not work, we have 2/3 holidays a year. We were in Italy last September, Asia in April, and we are going Asia again in 3 weeks.

Overall, I feel that my wife never listens to any of my advice, ignores me and is hardly ever happy with me.

With the amount of times this has happened over the past months, I have been contemplating taking my life because i am that fed up! The arguments over the baby are every few days. and when you just start to repair the damage from the last argument another one kicks off again.

like now she just refuses to speak to me and even acknowledge I exist.

I cannot remember the last time my wife said "I love you" maybe 6-7 months ago.

I remember some items that i have seen about my wife and her ex partner. Her ex partner treated her like shit and begged him to stay with her. I saw the messages that she sent him, the amount of energy and effort she put into keeping him, i have never ever seen 10% of that effort being used on me!
    Last edited by stevieb_uae; 10-06-17 at 03:44 AM.