+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with finding the one I love again

Help with finding the one I love again

Several years ago I met a girl at my local tennis club during weekly lessons, and we became friends. She was a very shy young thing and I was the only one there she ever used to talk to, and whenever we were to choose partners to play tennis with, she always asked me if I wanted to play with her, and I always accepted. We became so close that we were mistaken for a couple once, and even now when I think of her I feel something in my heart pulling at me, as if there was a bond that we had made together. As time went on I found how beautiful and sweet she was. She was 4 years younger than me, so at the time when I was 15 she was 11, but as you get older age gaps seem less of a difference even though they're not, so I began to fall in love with her, although I didn't know if she would return my feelings. I didn't want to upset her or anything so I didn't try to confess of my love to her.

And then all of a sudden she disappeared. One week when our lesson finished I said goodbye to her and she replied "Bye, see you next week", or at least around those lines, and then the next week I went and she wasn't there. I thought at the time she was on holiday or something so thought nothing of it, but as time went on I kept going to tennis practice and she didn't turn up again. I haven't been able to contact her since, but absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I have not forgotten her. I believe I have found the girl for me in this beautiful young lady, and have decided to do something about it and try to make contact with her again.

I know her first and last names and also know the village in where she lives but don't know where her home exactly is. After two or three years of worrying about whether she is safe I have decided to send her a letter with her name and village on it and will rely on the Royal Mail to get it to her, as I haven't been able to find her on Facebook or anywhere like that. She will only be 14 now so she won't be in electoral records either. I want to be subtle because I know she is a shy young thing and don't want to be seen as a stalker, because I am not. Do you have any advice on what I should say in my first letter to her, or any advice on what I should do instead?

Well Miracles happen and your letter might indeed get delivered. One guy didnt knew the address so he draw a map and letter got delivered. Also Tennis club might have her address or phone number.

Anyway man its been a long time and you really been stuck in terms of love if you still remember her so well. I think contacting her is a good idea. But you should also move on if this dont work cause life goes on and you cant live in the past.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Well Miracles happen and your letter might indeed get delivered. One guy didnt knew the address so he draw a map and letter got delivered. Also Tennis club might have her address or phone number.

Anyway man its been a long time and you really been stuck in terms of love if you still remember her so well. I think contacting her is a good idea. But you should also move on if this dont work cause life goes on and you cant live in the past.
    I have not been stuck in love - I am just unswervingly loyal to her because she is the most wonderful living thing I have ever known. I will do everything I can to find her because she suits all my criteria for the perfect girl, and the type of girl I am looking for is now very rare in this modern world, so I will not move on very easily. I would prefer not to ask the tennis club for her details because they may see the request as intrusive, and also they may no longer have her details because she no longer goes there. How was this other chap able to draw a map to get his letter delivered?
    Last edited by Vanquisher12; 11-06-17 at 02:13 AM.

Well its your choice. I think you are making too big of a deal from everything and she is imaginative - all in your head. You didnt knew her so well and you havent know other girls well or had experiences with other girls.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 11-06-17 at 03:02 AM.

Are you saying I am deluded? Well I am not. She is my best friend and I love her with all my heart. Also I do not care for other girls - they are nothing compared to her. I did not come here to be insulted. All I wanted was tips on what to say to her in my letter and whether it was a good idea or not. I see now that loyalty is something few men truly understand these days, and I pity weaklings who follow the primitive American idea of 'dating'.

There was another girl who I met and befriended that had similar traits to what I am looking for in a partner, and for a while I was torn between the two but I have decided to remain loyal to my first love because a letter to her will be more likely to get through.
    Last edited by Vanquisher12; 11-06-17 at 04:55 PM.

I didnt say that, you did.

I just think you are infatuated. Shes the best girl in the word bla bla bal. Yes she is the best in the world - in your wourld but your world is small and never had much action other girls. You dont have really anything to compare to her besides what you think she are and what you think other girls are.

Sure it might seem rude to you but Im not trying to be rude whant to be just plain honest and put out the facts. Good luck with a letter cause you need it if you think this way.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I didnt say that, you did.

I just think you are infatuated. Shes the best girl in the word bla bla bal. Yes she is the best in the world - in your wourld but your world is small and never had much action other girls. You dont have really anything to compare to her besides what you think she are and what you think other girls are.

Sure it might seem rude to you but Im not trying to be rude whant to be just plain honest and put out the facts. Good luck with a letter cause you need it if you think this way.

Sorry, perhaps I was getting a little paranoid and carried away. I'm always prepared to retort if I feel someone is trying to be nasty because I have met some real scumbags in my time and have learnt how to keep them at bay. Just ignore me on that.

I do not think my world is small - I have known quite a few girls in my time but there have just been none like her. I do have many to compare with her, many who fit hardly any of my criteria. I have a huge long list of criteria that a girl needs to satisfy if she is to be the one for me, and girls who fit this list are rare these days. It's quite a long list, so you probably don't want to see it, just take my word for it. The reason I love this girl so much is that I really did feel a connection with her in the time we were together and she fitted all my criteria, so I now feel an instinct that keeps saying "This one's the one for me. Protect her as well as you can. Don't lose her or else you will be on your own forever". I call it my 'Protection Instinct'. I know you're probably only interested in a casual relationship but I'm looking for a serious partner who will be with me for the rest of my life (or at least as long as possible) - someone to protect and care for, someone to hold hands with and share a bond with. No girl has ever held my hand, but I believe this one will. If I can make contact with her again and continue to develop my friendship with her.

If you so firmly decided then good luck. Update how getting in touch went.

Thank you for your advice - I will update if there is any result.