+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Jealous/ social media

Jealous/ social media

I have this in Asia. Female section as well

My girlfriend had her phone out the other day and was on instagram. I saw her "top siggestions" and the first two were guys she used to date. The one is a bodybuilder and always posting revealing/muscle selfies. The other is another ex that I noticed she has an alert for every time he posts on instagram.

Should I bring up this bothering me? I am not sure how to without sounding like I peeked at her phone? Am I being unreasonable/ over thinking?

We have been together 9 months and she hasn't done anything to make me feel I can't trust her.

- - - Updated - - -

Additional note. And maybe I'm being crazy... I wasn't even on her suggestions or anywhere. She is first on mine.

I think its nothing much as long as she dont text with them. Generaly only think that you cant allow her is to let her text with your exes, that is you can end relationship if she continues. Some people dont even care about that so its all about you and boundaries you two set in this relationship. Also communication and trust is the key.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Sounds like she is just spying on them for whatever reason. Which is weird in itself since she has been dating you for 9 months. If anything bothers you you should always try to talk about it with your partner. Don't have to bring up you snooped her phone, do a round about way of discussing what bothers you with her.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

What exactly is your problem with the muscle man or the sexy ex?

She chooses to be with you instead. That means either your penis is longer than both of theirs or she must see something in you that the others don't have.
    Either way it's a huge compliment to you.

And regarding the first place on instagram: if your real penis is getting some then you should not care about your E-penis much in my humble opinion

Agreed with the others. Also agreed with the idea that, maybe they are super muscly and sexy..... but she's with you, not them. That's a pretty big compliment. I'd also like to point out that you said they are on her top SUGGESTIONS. That means she's not following them, but for one reason or another Instagram has suggested them. That can be for many reasons. Sure, it COULD be because she's been stalking their pages....

But, it could just be because Instagram found them in her e-mail contacts and suggested them. Or on her Facebook. Or a bunch of possibilities like that. For example, I haven't used Facebook in YEARS.... but Instagram often suggests users to me who happen to be people on my Facebook. That is even despite the fact that I HAVE NOT connected my Instagram and Facebook AT ALL.... I just happened to use the same e-mail address for both.

So, if you can help it, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. But, if you really don't feel like you can get it out of your mind, then maybe talk to her about it. I mean, personally in this case I would more so suggest you just forget it because there are about a million and one reasons they could be in her top "suggestions" even if she doesn't want them there/has NO intention of having anything to do with them. But, if you can't get past it, then talking to her could help. I'd just say approach it in a way as though you are acting like part of you knows it is silly to even worry.... but you'd just feel much better hearing it from her anyway. Because you don't really know if she has done anything wrong. She probably hasn't.... but you don't know either way. So, you don't want to approach it as though she HAS.

Good luck to you.