+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Space....

Space....

When a girl asks for space....what does it really mean?

Means she is contemplating breaking up with you, or is working up the courage to do so.

There was a guy in my past who was really nice and who I contemplated dating. He showed a lot of interest in me and we talked a lot. However, he became very clingy. If I didn't respond to his texts immediately, he would ask me where I was obsessively.

I told him I needed space. That didn't mean that I didn't like him anymore. It simply meant that I felt suffocated with every text he sent me because every text almost felt like a test to see whether I would answer or not. I felt like he was texting me to see whether I liked him or not rather than simply to have a nice chat with me.

Unfortunately, he never learned his lesson and we never got together.

If you truly like this girl, try to create a life of your own so you're not dependent on her attention to feel happy or feel like you're worth something. You need to feel that you have worth regardless of whether this girl is with you or not.

It is usually never a good thing to hear from a person you are dating, it means they are unsure of the relationship and could be thinking about moving on from you, seeing you a lot less. To me, it is a way to be a coward and not just break up with someone, sometimes people will say this and then ghost you too.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I find it is hard "to learn a lesson" unless the person is very direct and honest with you. I agree with lovebroken that that phrase is cowardly. What does it exactly mean? I do think that is her way of breaking up with you. Did psot2 tell this guy how she felt about all the texts specifically? I know this is not about her, but I feel that that is the main problem. Lack of communication and honesty. Also, texting makes it so much easier to be cold because you don't have to see or hear the person.

Been there before. It's when typically you're needy, overcrowding her and now she's contemplating on what she really wants. You must give her space.
    Stop contacting her immediately, and wait to hear back from her.

Just like [MENTION=85815]psot2[/MENTION] said.

When it happened to me, i was with a woman I was casually dating, I suggested we stop talking for a while, as it was obvious she wasn't feeling it.
    I felt insecure, asked someone else what to do, they suggested I needed to apologize. It was a mistake, I took bad advice, and I went way overboard with a really lame drawn out apology voicemail. Regardless it was my fault for not trusting my inner voice, and I didn't feel any resent towards that person as it was my choice to take the advice.

I didn't hear from her for a few days when I got a "Just letting you know I got your message and im not ignoring you. I just need some space to think about things."

I realized immediately after leaving the voicemail that it was a dumb move.
    That was a crushing point, its one thing to get rejected, but it's another to sell all of your self-respect.
    As a man, it's so humiliating. I got physically sick from it for a couple weeks, just terrible appetite, nauseous, inability to concentrate, etc.
    I was fine with things being over, not that it's what I wanted, but I wasn't fine with how I left things.

I replied to her, " that's fine, take all the time in the world."

She eventually reached out after a really long amount of time. Like 6 months, but I was over it and moving on.
    Last edited by GLYC; 21-06-17 at 02:51 AM.