+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my best friend from college

my best friend from college

so I've been really good friends with a guy I've known for one and a half year now. This year he's been quite touchy like he likes to touch me a lot I noticed. But I never thought deep about it. We text almost every day, all day about random stuff, these past months I noticed that he has been lowkey flirting with me and he sometimes more touchy but I just saw him as a friend so I didn't question it. also, he has a girlfriend so I thought no way he's into me. Once he was teasing me (he always does that btw) and he said something like "don't worry you're beautiful, if I didn't have a girlfriend I would totally be into you. and from that moment I was like what, I kinda felt joy all of a sudden and small butterflies in my stomach. He once wanted to make a pact that when we're older and both haven't had a boy and girlfriend we would get married. He sends me a lot of mixed signals and I try really hard to ignore them. But when we're together he really makes me happy. We understand each other and he supports me so much in everything and helps me if I need anything. End of this semester we sat in class and just talked for hours. He sometimes tells me about him and his girlfriend's problem and I try to help him every time. One day he had problems with his girl and he wanted to end it. He said he couldn't be with her anymore and that he rather be with me. I talked him out of it even though I really want to be with him but I don't want to be the reason why he breaks up with her. I never told him how I truly feel and he doesn't know I like him, he just thinks I think of him like a brother or something. we never talked about our feelings and he hadn't tried anything, he sometimes tells me that my future boyfriend would be so lucky to be with someone like me. He tells me every time how a good person I am, and that I am one of a kind. Now I don't know how I feel and what to do, any suggesting? I would never break them up or be in the middle of it, I'm keeping my distance, the weird part is that I'm actually fine with him having a girlfriend and I love our friendship, I sometimes just wish there would be more.

You want him? Then you tell him he needs to choose because what is going on right now is you two having an emotional affair...yes he is cheating with you behind his GF's back. Think about it...if your BF was doing what he is doing with you to another girl, would that not constitute as cheating?? You bet yer life it is.

Since there is no ring on his finger, he is fair game. Go for it...tell him you want to be with him.

Eh, I actually like her current stance. Don't try to get in between relationships. It's unnecessary drama, dont mess with that stuff.
    I wouldnt say anything right now. He's in a relationship.

The touching thing, and the flirty comments, I wouldnt be cool with somebody saying that to someone else if they were currently my partner.
    So keep that in mind about how he can act if things aren't going well in relationships.

I say. Keep dating other men, if he becomes single, then give him some signs.
    Last edited by GLYC; 15-06-17 at 12:26 PM.

I have personally had this done to me by a friend. She told me she didn't love me. It was a lie. It made her life miserable.
    I am not speaking to her anymore because she cannot bear me marrying another woman.

If she had been honest with me from the start who knows what would have happened.

Be true to yourself and be true to your friends. They deserve honesty and respect.