+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Idiot

Idiot

Still in love with highschool crush. Its been 3 years since the last time i saw her. Tried putting my time and attention to other girls but i dont know, she is all i want. Ive never seen her since highschool graduation. Im now in 3rd year college. Never had a girlfriend in college, i liked some girls then courted them, but then i remember my highschool crush and wtfrmrjfirirf **** those bitches i want my highschool crush. I always stalk her on social media. I dont know can you help me pls dont know what to do

Was she your first crush? That can sometimes take longer than you might think to get past. In time, though, you will. Did you ever get a chance to ask her out and that didn't go well, or did you just never even get or take the chance to even do that?

If you DID ask her out and she wasn't interested, then there really isn't anything further you can do. She wasn't interested, so you'd be better off just to move on. Easier said than done, believe me, I know.... but in time you will forget her and find somebody else.

I'm assuming, though, (and I could be wrong) that you just never even got the chance to ask her out. Is there any way you could do that now? You say you "stalk" her on social media. Do you happen to be her friend/follower/whatever on any of said social media, or do you just lurk without having actually added her? Believe me, I think in this day and age we ALL do that a little bit, so no judgment here.

I only ask because: A) If you are already Facebook friends with her or one of her Instagram followers, or whatever the heck it is called on other sites.... you could try talking to her there. If you are NOT yet actually friends/followers on any of her social media.... maybe add her and send her a message.

I think, personally, my advice would be... IF you can, try chatting her up a bit now in whatever way you can. Start it off like you just came upon her profile and thought you'd say hi. If it goes well, you could even maybe follow it up with something like "Hey, I have to admit I actually used to kind of have a little crush on you in high school, but I never got the chance to ask you out. Would you like to go out some time now?" Or, maybe just ask her out without mentioning that you had a crush. I don't really know how to human well, so maybe our female members (if any read this) could give advice on that.

But, I think the BEST way you could move on from her is to actually try asking her out. This way, if it goes well then that is GREAT.... but if she isn't interested that should hopefully help you to move on and date other women. If you never really got the chance to even try before, then that CAN make it harder to get over her. You are left wondering. Left with that "what if" feeling nagging at you. There's part of you that wonders if something could have happened between you two if you'd just had the chance to try. So, the best way to get past that would be to actually try.

If that just isn't possible now, then time is really all that will do that. Three years is a long time to still not be over somebody, but sometimes that is just how it goes. It may just be that you've not yet met somebody who interests you as much. Sometimes that is also what it takes. Somebody else who interests you just as much to make you forget about somebody who "got away."

Good luck to you either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Was she your first crush? That can sometimes take longer than you might think to get past. In time, though, you will. Did you ever get a chance to ask her out and that didn't go well, or did you just never even get or take the chance to even do that?

If you DID ask her out and she wasn't interested, then there really isn't anything further you can do. She wasn't interested, so you'd be better off just to move on. Easier said than done, believe me, I know.... but in time you will forget her and find somebody else.

I'm assuming, though, (and I could be wrong) that you just never even got the chance to ask her out. Is there any way you could do that now? You say you "stalk" her on social media. Do you happen to be her friend/follower/whatever on any of said social media, or do you just lurk without having actually added her? Believe me, I think in this day and age we ALL do that a little bit, so no judgment here.

I only ask because: A) If you are already Facebook friends with her or one of her Instagram followers, or whatever the heck it is called on other sites.... you could try talking to her there. If you are NOT yet actually friends/followers on any of her social media.... maybe add her and send her a message.

I think, personally, my advice would be... IF you can, try chatting her up a bit now in whatever way you can. Start it off like you just came upon her profile and thought you'd say hi. If it goes well, you could even maybe follow it up with something like "Hey, I have to admit I actually used to kind of have a little crush on you in high school, but I never got the chance to ask you out. Would you like to go out some time now?" Or, maybe just ask her out without mentioning that you had a crush. I don't really know how to human well, so maybe our female members (if any read this) could give advice on that.

But, I think the BEST way you could move on from her is to actually try asking her out. This way, if it goes well then that is GREAT.... but if she isn't interested that should hopefully help you to move on and date other women. If you never really got the chance to even try before, then that CAN make it harder to get over her. You are left wondering. Left with that "what if" feeling nagging at you. There's part of you that wonders if something could have happened between you two if you'd just had the chance to try. So, the best way to get past that would be to actually try.

If that just isn't possible now, then time is really all that will do that. Three years is a long time to still not be over somebody, but sometimes that is just how it goes. It may just be that you've not yet met somebody who interests you as much. Sometimes that is also what it takes. Somebody else who interests you just as much to make you forget about somebody who "got away."

Good luck to you either way.
    Hi thanks for an elaborate answer. She's not the first, ive had a girlfriend before. We've been classmates on highschool and weve been friends. Chatting occasionally. I hear from her friends that i have a chance on her if i ask her out, but i didnt. Its not that i dont have the confidence but i just think she is too good for me. Now i dont think i can still approach her like that since she had a boyfriend now. btw thanks for the answer bro

Move on. She has a boyfriend, you're living a deluded unhealthy fantasy. "Its been 3 years since the last time i saw her. "
    You're fantasizing about something that might never happen, which, we all do that at times as single men, but it sounds like you're getting really wrapped up in this.
    It's been 3 years..

If she becomes single, get in contact with her.

Otherwise, move on. Stop creeping on her social media, its only going to inhibit your success.

Thinking she's too good for you. Never a good mindset to have. You need to assume success, until shown otherwise.
    Last edited by GLYC; 16-06-17 at 04:51 AM.

What exactly keeps you from getting in contact with her?