+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I had to quit my job

I had to quit my job

Hello to all, I am new to this forum. I guess in a way I just needed to get this off my chest to someone. I had been working in my last job for the past 4 months. about a month after I started working the company hired a new receptionist. At first it was nothing big just thought she was cute. I know, I had never before that ever been involved with anyone at work. I know that it is the worse place to try and get with someone. However we started hanging out at lunch and she told me the story of her ex and how he cheated on her. I gave her advice and we got to talking. She showed interest in me as she started flirting. Well about a week later we started hanging with other co-workers. long story short, she gave me her number and we started hanging out after work. She told me she never gave her number and so on...etc. Once we started hanging out I really started liking this girl and I just let my emotions take over. About a month after that I started seeing that she was being real flirty with another guy from work and the the rumors started. I heard that she was also talking to him and hanging out with him too. I had asked her is she was seeing anyone or talking to anyone else and she denied it. I told her if there is someone else I need to know because I don't need to be caught up in some love triangle. I told her if this was the case I would definitely stop trying to win her over. She said "no, I don't want you to stop trying". She told me she liked me but needed time, at this point I wasn't hanging out with my other co-workers and her at lunch because the other guy was there. I heard that she started getting really flirty with him and everyone knew. At this point we had hung out some more even went to dinner. What killed me is that most of the time they'd stay outside just them two. I couldn't handle this and for also reasons from the job, that wouldn't of made me quit if it wasn't for this situation, I decided to resign. It has been about two weeks, I'm applying for other jobs. I just don't understand what I did wrong? I guess my biggest question is why did she lead me on so much? I had given her the opportunity to just tell me if she didn't like me to just tell me. I have never been hurt like this before, my experiences with my previous relationships never had any games like this. With my ex-wife she told me straight out that she was in love with someone else when we met and that she would not promise anything. I guess I always thought that people will be straight forward with you. Well, thank you for reading and hope I can get some input about my story.

Women will lie in order to not hurt your feelings, I know you want the real answers, but pressing for them isn't going to get them.

With the dating other people, I agree, its awesome when people are upfront about that. But. I no longer care about that anymore and you shouldn't either, unless you're at a significant time, meaning you're in a relationship with her. I just assume they are dating other people, and I keep my mind open for me dating other people as well.

The way I see it is that dating is a stage to see if you're compatible. Don't push things or women will run for the hills.
    You made some mistakes there. I've been there before. The only thing it does is drive her into the arms of another man.

Also "heard that she was getting flirty", do your best to keep your dating life away from your coworkers if that information gets back to her, she will see that you're talking about all of the issues with ithe to other people in the office.

Women don't want drama with dating, they just want to have fun and see where things will go.
    Last edited by GLYC; 15-06-17 at 12:37 PM.

this is why you shouldn't fish from the company pool. its NOT WORTH throwing a job or career away over ANYBODY who most likely will just be a short-term phase in our lives.
    TAKE CARE OF YOU FIRST ALWAYS! NEVER JEOPARDIZE [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/URL] FOR A DATE.. EVER!